All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
RezzIA
join:2014-03-28

RezzIA to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad

Re: [IA] What's with all the 12am-6am maintenance lately, mediacom?

Chad, this is the 3rd night in a row now with this maintenance crap and my internet is unreliable and/or unresponsive.

I just called tech support and sure enough they informed me of maintenance again.

Some of us rely on being able to use the internet at night. I don't know what the heck they are doing over at Mediacom, but all this downtime is completely unacceptable.

Can you please find out what's going on in the 52722 area? I am really trying to maintain my composure here but I am seriously about to cancel and just try satellite.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hello RezzIA, I just wanted to followup with you here and re-emphasize what I stated via IM. There have been some system upgrades going on behind the scenes. The work that has been done is impacting services so we try to do this during the times that will effect the fewest number of customers possible. Most planned work does get posted here: »mediacomcable.com/Maintenance. I previously mentioned in this thread the time frame, but I want to make sure you did not overlook it, but Maintenance is performed between the hours of 12-6 AM local time. If you have any further questions or issues, please feel free to either contact me here, or continue to reach out to our Twitter Support as I can see the Social Media Team has been working with you there as well.
Riverpilot
join:2006-12-11

Riverpilot

Hate to bring this up, but the planned maintenance page does not work. It never states when the maintenance is going to be, at least here in the Quad Cities.
RezzIA

RezzIA to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Do you have any idea when these upgrades will be done?

Also, Riverpilot is correct. That maintenance page never works and hasn't been updated in quite a while.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am not aware of any timeline as to when the upgrades will be completed at this time.
RezzIA

RezzIA

said by MediacomChad:

I am not aware of any timeline as to when the upgrades will be completed at this time.

So basically I can't use my internet 12am-6am for an unknown amount of time.

Anyway, Chad, thanks for the quick replies and helpful responses. I know these outages aren't your fault, and at least I know upgrades are being done in the area which will hopefully improve services for everyone.

Just very frustrated with these constant outages, maintenance windows, and slow internet in the last 5 weeks... and even more frustrated I have no other choice of ISP.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

You are welcome. I do understand your frustration.
RezzIA

RezzIA

Thanks, Chad. Hopefully they're done soon because I can't stand this much longer lol.

Also any chance of getting the maintenance page updated more regularly? Would be nice to know these things in advance, especially when I have something planned that involves being able to access the internet at night.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Generally when normal maintenance is occurring, we are able to schedule them and post the dates and times on our page. However, if we have to conduct maintenance for upgrades that are ongoing, these are done as soon as possible.
RezzIA

RezzIA

Just wanted to update quickly. Wed, Thurs, Friday were good and I was able to maintain a connection without any DC's or lag so perhaps the upgrade is done, and they will relax on the nightly maintenance how.

Tonight was a bit spotty though with some lag, packet loss, and disconnects. Then again, it is a saturday so bandwidth usage is probably high.

Maintenance page STILL hasn't been updated and has been showing the same static results for weeks now, despite the canned responses from most mediacom support agents who direct me to this page. Would be nice if they would fix that instead of directing customers to something that doesn't even work. Scratching my head at this one.
RezzIA

RezzIA

Another update. Last 2 nights there has been maintenance again, with last night being a complete outage of service.

I've reached out to customer service on several occasions asking them to fix the maintenance alert page and it still remains broken. Hasn't been updated in weeks or even months, yet they keep directing me to this page when I complain.

Getting really, really fed up with mediacom here. Their customer support just talks in circles.
Riverpilot

Riverpilot

I see here in Davenport we now have 5 bonded d/l channels. Unfortunately, the speeds during prime time are still in the 30's and 40's d/l on a 105d/l package. Also, now u/l speeds are only 2.5-3.0....

:sigh:

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to RezzIA

Premium Member

to RezzIA
Hello RezzIA,

I do show the maintenance page is being updated and I've replied to your IM with an example. Without your account or phone number I am unable to look into these internet issues. I assure you I do want to help.

Riverpilot,

We have escalated this problem over to The TOS, TOM and AD (Area Supervisor, Manager and Director) for further review. Once we have any additional information I will follow up with you here. Thank you for your continued patience.
RezzIA

RezzIA

This is what Chad sent me: "The Maintenance page is updated when there is planned area maintenance. We currently have planned maintenance in SHUEYVILLE ZIP code 52338 and there is an alert."

That isn't my area code. I am in 52722. Which i have explained so many times.

This is what the maintenance page has looked like for months: »i.imgur.com/1Ufcj8Q.jpg

It HAS NOT updated or changed, despite the fact there has been a lot of maintenance around here. The page doesn't work, as evidenced by others in this thread as well.

I am tired of talking in circles with you guys.

1. Go to mediacomcable.com/Maintenance
2. Type in 52722 and choose any city listed
3. The information is never updated

Can I make it anymore clear than that?
Riverpilot

Riverpilot to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Not a problem. I realize they're most likely gearing up for the 300 here in the Quad Cities, but... it REALLY would be nice if they could get the 105 to work first.

I hope they do the 6 months free trial like they are in Cedar Rapids. It will be very interesting if they can get 250+ consistently here in the Quad Cities. I personally wouldn't bet on it.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to RezzIA

Premium Member

to RezzIA
I know that I've already followed up privately, but I wanted to post a quick public note in case anyone else was following this. The above link- mediacomcable.com/Maintenance - has been inactive as a viable maintenance alerts page for some time, since our newly designed site has gone live. At this time, all maintenance and outage-related inquiries can be found at support.mediacomcable.com/ by logging into the site and clicking the 'Check for Outage in my Area' link. To sign into this site, you will need a Mediacom email address and password, which can be created here: »www.mediacomtoday.com/re ··· tration/ if not already done.
RezzIA

RezzIA

said by MediacomChad:

The above link- mediacomcable.com/Maintenance - has been inactive as a viable maintenance alerts page for some time, since our newly designed site has gone live.

So basically your tech support and social media support agents have been giving out the incorrect URL? Thanks for at least admitting to it and being honest about it.
macdude22
join:2005-09-08
IA

macdude22 to RezzIA

to RezzIA
It would take all of a minute for one of your web folks (I assume you have SOMEBODY that maintains your website) to redirect mediacomcable.com/Maintenance to the correct URL.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to RezzIA

Premium Member

to RezzIA
You are welcome.
Riverpilot

Riverpilot to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Hate to say it... but that site doesn't list any planned outages either. At least here in the Quad Cities.
RezzIA

RezzIA

said by Riverpilot:

Hate to say it... but that site doesn't list any planned outages either. At least here in the Quad Cities.

Hahaha. Typical mediacom. I just give up at this point.
RezzIA

RezzIA

4/25/14... 12:30am:

Internet down again. No maintenance listed on page (big surprise). Called tech support and I got an automated message saying to call back later.

Excellent customer service from mediacom once again.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Hi RezzIA, I am not showing any reported outages or maintenance for your area. Please send me an instant message with your account number or phone number, and I will look further into this issue.
RezzIA

1 edit

RezzIA

4/27/2014... 12:05am:

And here we are again. Internet down. No maintenance listed again.

On a saturday night, nonetheless. Unbelievable. People might be trying to use their net on a saturday night, just a head's up mediacom.

I am so unbelievably fed up with this company. Every single night at 12am streaming, gaming, and doing anything online that requires a stable connection just crashes like clockwork.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

There is a chance there is a localized issue at your modem that needs to be addressed. I will be more than happy to look deeper into your ongoing issues if you would like. In order to do this, I will need your account or phone number. Please feel free to reply via our IM conversation with this information if you would like for me to address this issue for you.
RezzIA

RezzIA

said by MediacomChad:

There is a chance there is a localized issue at your modem that needs to be addressed.

Chad, I've already had several techs out to the house that confirmed my modem is working fine.

The problem is the constant downtime with you guys lately. Almost every single night my internet becomes slow and sluggish around 12am rendering streaming, gaming, voip, etc impossible.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I understand that you have had several techs out for this issue, but if this is in fact an area issue, I can verify this and work with Area Management if needed. I assure you I do want to assist you with the issues you are having, but in order to do this, I will need your account information. Would you like for me to assist you with the issues you are having?
CR_Client
join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR_Client to RezzIA

to RezzIA
I've said this before, but it's worth repeating: Maintenance NEVER runs on time THAT consistently, especially on weekends.

It almost sounds like someone's bringing their own server farm online every night at midnight and causing congestion for their neighbors. Are you near any banks or other businesses that might be transmitting massive amounts of data on a regular, nightly basis? Any neighbors who might be voracious torrentors? Any other equipment in your own house that might be causing this issue at midnight? We had an entire server cluster go offline once on a consistent basis until I looked through the cron jobs and found one that was triggering the whole fiasco at the same time every night, 4 nights a week.

Do you have a list of every night that this issue has occurred? Is there any sort of pattern? (Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat)?

I have no love lost between myself and MediaCom, but I have a VERY hard time believing that this consistent of a problem is actually maintenance-related.
RezzIA

RezzIA

I wasn't really keeping track since it's happening every night or every 2 nights. When I call to find out why my internet is constantly crashing, they always tell me there is maintenance going on currently in my area. So, I've just been chalking it up to that. Just getting very frustrated when my internet turns to sludge every night around 12am.

I'm not near any banks or businesses. I live out in a more rural area. But, you may be on to something. It could be someone hogging bandwidth. I will start keeping track of whenever it happens and will continue to update this thread.

EDIT: I should add the internet is fairly stable (although slow at times) during the day. These problems are always, always late night related.
RezzIA

RezzIA

Tech support just confirmed maintenance again here. So, since 4/25, I've been unable to use my internet 3 nights in the last 5 days, and about 12+ nights in the last few weeks.

Un-freaking-believable.

I cannot wait to move out of Mediacom's service area. I don't understand why so much maintenance is needed. I've never had an ISP go down for so many hours consistently or do so much maintenance.

I'm about to cancel and try centurylink. I don't care about speed, I just need uptime.