psyc0ld
Premium Member
join:2014-03-28
Montreal, QC

psyc0ld

Premium Member

Smart RG + safari = unable to connect modem's IP

Hi,

I'm unable to connect the modem's IP 192.168.1.1 in Safari, but it's ok with Firefox over Wifi. But, if I plug an ethernet cable, I'm able to connect in Safari...

It's not a big problem, but I find it strange. What can cause this?

I'm not connected with Teksavvy yet, I wanted to configure my modem in bridge mode before the tech comes.

thx

Sorry for my english

TSI John
Premium Member
join:2014-03-14
Chatham, ON

TSI John

Premium Member

Hello psycOLD,
That is certainly a strange one. We found a couple of blogs that suggest the issue may be caused by the security settings that are setup on Safari. Unfortunately I haven't found a fix listed or what the security settings should be. If I come across anything I'll be sure to let you know. In the mean time you may want to give Apple support a call and see if they have a solution. I will provide their contact numbers below.

Canada
English: 1-800-263-3394
French: 1-800-263-3394

I hope this helps.

Calero27
join:2014-01-13
Chatham, ON

Calero27 to psyc0ld

to psyc0ld
Try it another port, I've heard that it was only in port one that issue occurred but I may be wrong.
psyc0ld
Premium Member
join:2014-03-28
Montreal, QC

psyc0ld

Premium Member

Thx John

Calero it's OK when it's plugged but my problem is over wifi.
xero9
join:2001-11-29
Ajax, ON

xero9

I had an issue connecting in Chrome (Didn't try any other browsers) when I originally tried connecting.

I was connected to my existing wireless AP, with my IP set to a 192.168.1.x address. Couldn't access it. If I connected directly to the Smart RG's wireless, it would work. Now that everything is set up using my usual 192.168.2.x address, I can connect to it using my other wireless connection.

Sounds like you may be having a similar either.