All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
lbyer123
join:2014-03-29
usa

lbyer123

[Other] Has anyone setup a Cisco SPA112 for Vestalink?

I am trying to set up a Cisco SPA112 for use with Vestalink VOIP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Do you have the required SIP credentials to put into your ATA's configuration page(s)? That's all there is to it.
twinclouds
join:2010-06-12
San Diego, CA

twinclouds to lbyer123

to lbyer123
Not sure what do you want to know. I never used this model but SPA112 programming looks pretty simple. You can find more information from here (Step 3.) The information needed is available on your Vestalink account webpage in the "Devices:Softphone/BYOD:Vestalink Sip Credentials" Section.
lbyer123
usa

lbyer123

I have the sip credentials, I just don't exactly know what goes where. I have spent a couple of hours trying with no success. That's why I am looking for someone who has done this successfully.
twinclouds
San Diego, CA

1 edit

twinclouds

Still not sure what are you looking for. Why it is anything different from setting up Voip.ms as the reference I gave you?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to lbyer123

Premium Member

to lbyer123
It sounds like you need to get more comfortable with the device, more familiar with it.

If you review these step-by-step setup guides for the SPA112 with other providers, you should be able to get more comfortable with it. Address the ball, as the golfers say.

And after that, simply [substitute] the proxy, user ID, and password that Vespalink gave you.

General: Configuring Cisco SPA112 VoIP ATA From Scratch - The Basics
»blog.voipdiy.com/2013/02 ··· rom.html

Inphonex:
»www.inphonex.com/support ··· tion.php

Voip.MS:
»wiki.voip.ms/article/Cis ··· o_SPA112

CallCentric:
»www.callcentric.com/supp ··· 2-spa122

-----

Again, after seeing these OTHER examples kindly provided by these companies, you should be able to simply substitute and set it up for Vespalink.

If not, as a Vespalink customer you should contact their support person on Monday.
twinclouds
San Diego, CA

twinclouds

This approach is what I always take. For example, to set VL on my Asterisk, I first used the example from LocalPhone. It was modified later but at least I have something working to begin with.
RonR
join:2003-10-10
Ash Flat, AR

RonR to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
said by PX Eliezer1:

Vespalink

Is that the two-wheel version of Vestalink?
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by RonR:

said by PX Eliezer1:

Vespalink

Is that the two-wheel version of Vestalink?

Freudian slip, I am not sure if I was thinking of the little scooter or of the stinging Vespa wasp the scooter is named after.

I would like to apologize for any contusion.
lbyer123
usa

lbyer123 to PX Eliezer1

to PX Eliezer1
Tech support at Vestalink was no help. All they do is point you to the SIP credentials. They only offer help for OBI and their own supplied Grandstream devices. They specifically told me they can NOT help me set up the SPA112. That is why I posted here hoping someone has already set up a SPA112 for Vestalink. I guess I'll keep trying. Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I am very computer and network savvy, but quite new to VOIP. I just don't "get it" yet. Once I do, I'm sure I'll look back and say "why did I think this was so hard to do?"
lbyer123

lbyer123

I was able to get it working but it links to the wrong Vestalink account (I have 2). I want it to link to my new trial account, not my established account. Waiting to hear from Vestalink. I am more inclined to use Callcentric or VOIP.ms. I was very impressed with the online tech support chat at VOIP.ms
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1 to lbyer123

Premium Member

to lbyer123
NM.

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf to lbyer123

MVM

to lbyer123
Your accounts have different usernames, right? Are you power cycling your ATA after making changes?

The amount of information needed to configure an ATA to get it registered with the server is minimal - username, password, proxy, port. It's hard to imagine where you are falling down with this.

(Dial plan strings are complicated though - some say voodoo is involved.)
twinclouds
San Diego, CA

1 edit

twinclouds

said by graysonf:

Your accounts have different usernames, right?

Different VL link should have different usernames (just 4 digit numbers). I cannot understand how they can be mixed up either.
As the voip.ms guide shows, only thing involved is to fill in proxy, Display name (not important), User ID (Ah, now I understand, the user ID is on the far right, not so obvious, he might forget to fill it in correctly), Password, and Dial Plan. The last one is more involved but you can leave it as is.
said by graysonf:

Are you power cycling your ATA after making changes?

If it is the same as other SPA devices, one only need to "submit all changes"

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I would power cycle it anyway as this ensures that the device will be forced to re-register with the service.
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

said by graysonf:

I would power cycle it anyway as this ensures that the device will be forced to re-register with the service.

1+

Never hurts, and sometimes it does fix issues.
twinclouds
San Diego, CA

twinclouds

said by graysonf:

said by PX Eliezer1:

Never hurts, and sometimes it does fix issues.

I would not disagree but it is not required. I kept changing the account between two services depending on situation for my wife's international calls. (Not sure why I do that. Just for saving a few dimes? I guess I am too cheap. ) Never had any problem. It re-registers after submission if you set "Make Call Without Reg:" to "No".

graysonf
MVM
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

Well, that's fine if that's the way the OP has his set up.

Keyam
@comcastbusiness.net

Keyam

Anon

I just setup mine. However, a weird thing was that when I configured line 1, the registration failed. When I used line 2, registration was successful.