uniqs

Curious
@rr.com

Curious

Anon

Should I call in

Click for full size
Click for full size
Background I switched from Verizon 5mb dsl to TW15 mb standard two weeks ago.
The good Netflix and Photobucket now work during prime time, the bad the vast majority of page loads just aren't snappy like they were.
Speed is where it should be at all times with no prime time slow down.
»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 05056615

I live in an apartment, the cable comes in the 8 apartment building on two thicker than standard cables and goes to a locked box in the basement laundry room.
It then enters my apartment in the bed room closet where it hits a 2 way splitter, one for the bedroom and the other goes to the outlet in the living room. I have removed this splitter since my upstream pwr lvls were 54 and my dw stream would vary from -13 to -1
I don't use the bedroom tv enough to need more than the 20 stations I get with the rabbit ears.

In the living room it splits one for the modem and one for the hdtv box.
down stream pwr lvls go up to +1 when real cold and then down when above freezing. This is in the greater Albany N.Y. area.
ch 4 up stream was 64 QAM the other day

The question: is the high number of uncorrectable errors the reason for the less snappy browsing?

OpTiC
Premium Member
join:2014-03-08
West Covina, CA

OpTiC

Premium Member

you should clear everything on your browser.

To add
@rr.com

To add

Anon

I went and ruled out any likely problems on my end first.
Different browsers
Checked to make sure no other programs are dw, up loading at the time. Etc

The difference is not much but is noticeable, I was more curious if I had a problem that might need attention.
»/pingt ··· 07?r=433
switchman
join:1999-11-06
ARRIS SB6183
(Software) OPNsense

switchman to Curious

to Curious
Most likely it is associated with the uncorrectable count. What is the time frame on the uncorrectable count, ie how long after rebooting did it take to get that high. If it is a couple of minutes, there are problems, if it was over year then then I would not be worried.

I would reset the modem to clear the counts, then at 1 min, 5min and 10 min interval record the counts. If they are constantly increasing I would turn in a ticket as you probably have noise or other impairments on the line. Have them tell you what the acceptable RxMER level is for their network. I bet you are close to it.

and
@rr.com

and

Anon

Thank you for the reply, the increase in errors happened in a half hour period that happens every few days.
My building's two drops are the first after an amp or node, not sure which it is.

Page load speed seems to have improved most days, paying closer attention I think it is an intermittent problem.
I will wait till I have an extended period of problems before I call in