Search similar:

uniqs
Alb9
join:2014-03-30
USA

Alb9

MagicJack violates antimonopoly law by blocking Skype-to-go int. ph. numbers

Here is my conversation with MagicJack representative:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
All operators are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.
You are now chatting with 'Kevin'
Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK111530114739505X

Kevin: Hi, Al. How are you today?
Kevin: Hello, how may I help you?
Al: Hello Kevin,
Kevin: Hello.
Al: I have skype-to-go international number linked with Magic Jack and it is blocked by Magic Jack.
Al: I get message that i must go to www.my.majicjack.com/prepaid
Kevin: Thank you for addressing your concern. Let me assist you regarding this one.
Al: A have acct with skype for 1 year and it is prepaid
Al: Number that has been blocked is: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Al: Please unblock it
Kevin: Thank you for the information. I would like to inform you that Magicjack has its own prepaid or international minutes load and for the customers can make calls abroad. Magicjack is not compatible with other prepaid minutes be link with Magicjack.
Kevin: Therefore, if you would like to make international calls with Magicjack you will need to purchase international minutes by logging into your Magicjack account since it will not work with the prepaid minutes of your Skype using Magicjack.
Al: If it is so, I will have to close my acct. Because I have already paid to Skype unlimited minutes access, and I am not going to use your international
Al: features anyway. You are monopolizing Int. access, and it is against USA law
Kevin: Okay.
Kevin: Is there anything else I may help you with today?
Al: See you in the court
Kevin: Yo u're most and always welcome. Very much appreciate being cooperative and being patient with me regarding the said concern. Have a great and wonderful day ahead. Thanks a lot and take care always.
Since we haven't heard from you, we must release this chat. Please click here should you need further assistance: www.magicJack.com/techchat
03/29/2014
Time 2:33 PM (at the end of chat)

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

This is not surprising. MJ has been blocking numbers in order to try to make money or avoid paying fees for a long time now. I hope your threat to sue was not an idle one...
pensioner
Premium Member
join:2005-02-20
Gulfport, MS

pensioner to Alb9

Premium Member

to Alb9
Al, actually if you sue, I hope you do not prevail. Pretty much all of us MJ users bought into it because it was a very very inexpensive calling plan and I don't want you to ruin that for me and most of the others. MJ has some calling limitations - for the most part we all knew that before spending our $30/yr. In my case it has been $30 a year well spent for the 5 or so years I've had and used it. If you sued and won, would hate to see how much my annual $30 phone would then cost !

Gork
Ou812ic
join:2001-10-06
Bountiful, UT

Gork

You'd then have to switch over to GVJack and GV and pay NOTHING per year...