join:2002-11-14
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax

Premium Member

Latest BHN Remote?

Click for full size
Latest BHN Remote?
Is this the latest BHN remote? I saw this in my brother's house and he said it was. He has DVRs though and I don't. Is this just for DVR customers or do non-DVR customers get this too?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz

Premium Member

This is the latest remote and it works with standard and DVR remotes. I recently swapped mine for this one as I like the new one better than the older models.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Astyanax

Premium Member

to Astyanax
said by Astyanax:

Is this the latest BHN remote? I saw this in my brother's house and he said it was. He has DVRs though and I don't. Is this just for DVR customers or do non-DVR customers get this too?

You may request specific remotes subject of course to available stock.
wbrightfl
join:2004-07-15
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl to Astyanax

to Astyanax
This was the remote I got when I picked up a DVR a few weeks ago. I took it back and got a large button remote. The agent said it was the last one they had at the office as they are being phased out. What a shame the easy to use larger button remote is going away as its much better than that new model.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by wbrightfl:

This was the remote I got when I picked up a DVR a few weeks ago. I took it back and got a large button remote. The agent said it was the last one they had at the office as they are being phased out. What a shame the easy to use larger button remote is going away as its much better than that new model.

I will check on that phased out part and get back with you.
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

1 edit

wbrightfl

The large button remote I got is in great condition, appears new. I will be set for a year or two with it.

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL to Astyanax

to Astyanax
If I remember right, that large button remote doesn't have as many buttons/functions as the pictured remote, and the remote we're all used to. I could be wrong.

I have the pictured remote for one of our DVRs. The main thing I like is the ease of programming, and the red backlighting of the buttons. The layout is slightly different then the one we're all used to.

Astyanax
Premium Member
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax to BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by wbrightfl:

What does the large button remote look like? Do you have a link to a picture of it? I'm sure my parents would be interested in getting one. Could you check and see if the Melbourne office has any in stock? I'll need like 4 of them if possible.
wbrightfl
Fort Lauderdale, FL

wbrightfl

said by Astyanax:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by wbrightfl:

What does the large button remote look like? Do you have a link to a picture of it? I'm sure my parents would be interested in getting one. Could you check and see if the Melbourne office has any in stock? I'll need like 4 of them if possible.

I have the Atlas 1056. Here is the manual and image of it on the Bright House support page
»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· 1056.pdf

Astyanax
Premium Member
Melbourne, FL
·AT&T FTTP

Astyanax

Premium Member

said by wbrightfl:

I have the Atlas 1056. Here is the manual and image of it on the Bright House support page
»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· 1056.pdf

That's the same one they have. We didn't specifically request a "large type" one yet they got that one anyway.

Thanks though.
SunnyFL8
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08

SunnyFL8 to wbrightfl

Premium Member

to wbrightfl
I like the old Atlas 1056 wish I had that one.. I like the positioning of the volume and channel changer position. I have the new one as the OP pictured. The new a bit awkward trying to reach up top to change volume and channel buttons. In comparison of the placement of my hand. Unless I have to hold the remote towards the top rather than holding the remote in the center.

My channel button doesn't seem that responsive almost like I need to press it hard.

Maybe I got a lemon.

Would be nice if all remotes were designed on the most used functions like power on, channel +/-, Volume up/down, guide, then put the other buttons in order of what you the average user would use next.

Unless I am not average.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Astyanax

Premium Member

to Astyanax
The remote I'm referring to is a UR3-SR3S

»www.pbutilities.com/imag ··· SR3S.jpg
Aprel
join:2013-09-14

Aprel to SunnyFL8

to SunnyFL8
said by SunnyFL8:

My channel button doesn't seem that responsive almost like I need to press it hard.

Maybe I got a lemon.

This is the result of normal wear and tear on the remote. It's most common on the very popular buttons like Power, Cable, and TV. I can imagine how annoying this would be if you channel surf, so don't be afraid to exchange it.
SunnyFL8
Premium Member
join:2001-02-08

SunnyFL8

Premium Member

said by Aprel:

said by SunnyFL8:

Maybe I got a lemon.

don't be afraid to exchange it.

As soon as I can pry it from her fingers. She runs the remote I get to watch it and pay the bill.

RUQRU
Mac Addict
Premium Member
join:2005-07-30
Central FL

RUQRU to Astyanax

Premium Member

to Astyanax
What is the model number of the latest remote?

Thanks

DCELL
CC/Nature Coast
join:2010-06-17
Inglis, FL

DCELL

said by RUQRU:

What is the model number of the latest remote?

Thanks

UR5U-8780L-BHC is on the front @ bottom of ours...