uniqs
share rss forum feed

aw3dhg

join:2001-09-05
Bloomingburg, NY
Reviews:
·EarthLink

[TW] Slammed in my last TWC EL bill

Just found that twc raised my EL to 53.00 @ mo for 15\1 and began charging me 6.00 @ month for the modem ... all told 15.00 more a month with no warning .. any one else get slapped like this recently
--

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

[TW] Re: Slammed in my last TWC EL bill

I don't use ELN with TWC, but others and I got the paper notice of this increase even though it mentioned EarthLink.

TBBroadband

join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH
reply to aw3dhg
The notice was in last month's bill. Sent in March for April.

aw3dhg

Bloomingburg, NY
Can't remember the last time I was sent a bill

Wilsdom

join:2009-08-06
PDFs of the bills are online, though that's not much of a notification since most people will pay with downloading it. Looks like they are closing the loophole of Earthlink being cheaper, maybe time to look into switching to TW's plan for a promotional rate

TWCNYC

@mindspring.com
reply to aw3dhg
Also got the fee. And I didn't even get the last bill in paperless form. So I got scared and wound up paying the lease fee and am now paid till 5/17 because I didn't want my credit damaged. I got tricked in a sense because I wasn't able to see the bill and it said I was overdue more than 30 days so I paid off the full amount without even seeing the bill.

After 5/17 I have choices of replacing the cablemodem or switching to Verizon 4G LTE Data. I use my IPAD more than the computer these days. So Im not sure what I will do. Time Warner is upgrading the system later this year for higher speeds up to 50Mbps.

But I really don't want tethered internet anymore and my usage did not seem to be extreme. Will definitely return the modem.
Expand your moderator at work

DFC

join:2011-11-08
Staten Island, NY

1 edit
reply to TWCNYC

Re: [TW] Re: Slammed in my last TWC EL bill

Click for full size
Started with my 03/2014 TWC bill. $5.99/month for 'Internet Modem Lease".

Maggs
Premium
join:2002-11-29
Woodside, NY
For $6 a month you could buy a modem and save some money within a year. Most cable modems last 5+ years.
--
Walking Overnight in DC on June 1-2, come out and be awesome!

DFC

join:2011-11-08
Staten Island, NY
How easy are the customer-provided modems to set up?

System

(topic move) [TW] Slammed in my last TWC EL bill

Moderator Action
The post that was here, has been moved to a new topic .. »(post #29334594 no longer exists)

patt2k

join:2009-01-16
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to DFC

Re: [TW] Re: Slammed in my last TWC EL bill

said by DFC:

How easy are the customer-provided modems to set up?

you just call give them mac ID and that's it.

aw3dhg

Bloomingburg, NY
Reviews:
·EarthLink
I ended up buying a motorola SB from the approved list, they screwed up provisioning it which I did not find out about until the next bill charged me again even though the new modem was upp and running.. they had to re-provision it and I will say they credited my account for the lost month. fwiw the new modem works just fine, as for longevity, my old original Toshiba lasted over 10 years before TWC made me upgrade it
--