All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vcincampbell
join:2001-04-27
Campbell, CA

vcincampbell

Does a Uverse Person need to come to the house if upgrading from...

Uverse Max to Max Plus or Max Turbo? I currently am subscribing to Max 12 MB down and 1.5 Meg Up. When I went through the website to try to order the upgrade, it mentioned someone coming out to the house.

Thanks in advance for the help.

c0mc4st
join:2007-03-14
Vallejo, CA

c0mc4st

no
unless there's something wrong with your line... can you download uvrealtime and post images of your stats?

David
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Granite City, IL

David to vcincampbell

Premium Member

to vcincampbell
I am going to say "Yes-conditional"

1.) if you are single line and in order to get a higher speed more than one line (pair bonded) is required.
vcincampbell
Campbell, CA

vcincampbell

Will post once I get home from work. uvrealtime is only on PC right? So do I need to be connected to the Uverse thru LAN cable or can I connect via the WiFi to run the app? I have never used UVRealtime before.
vcincampbell

vcincampbell

Will post stats once I get home from work.
SlowFreddy
join:2009-07-10
united state

SlowFreddy to vcincampbell

to vcincampbell
vcincampbell.. check your router.. DOESN'T WORK WITH BELOW modem/routers.

(UV Realtime does not work with ADSL2-based U-VerseĀ® using a Motorola 2210 or NVG510 modem or 2Wire 2701HG-B router.)

»www.uvrealtime.com

my thoughts to vcincampbell

Anon

to vcincampbell
If your original install was a self install, 13M profile will require a tech visit.
The speeds above Max (12) require a dedicated cat5e home run from NID to RG, most CSI are on phone wiring.

If your on any other platform the recommended is tech install visit to verify both outside and inside. There are times when outside plant passes for lower profile but requires upgrade (improvement) for higher speeds.
An example »Is my line getting terrible AM radio interference? (Bitloading graph)
vcincampbell
Campbell, CA

vcincampbell to c0mc4st

to c0mc4st
Bummer downloaded UV Realtime v1.9.1.0 and all it says Unable to connect to 2Wire Router. I have a computer in the garage where the Uverse Router is located and connected to the back of the 3801HGV via directly to yellow ports in the back with a Cat5e cable. Any help?

Original upgrade install was done by ATT tech, so no self install. House use to have ATT DSL 6 meg down 1 meg up, then got the notification that it was time to Upgrade to Uverse Internet. So went for Uverse Max. Then the price jumped, so looked at the different packages. Uverse Max Plus was less than what I was paying. So decided that it might be great to upgrade hence the question in the forums.

my thoughts

Anon

3801 RG is a VDSL unit, do you have IPTV service with Uverse?
On Max with CSI profile is 13M, Max with tech install no IPTV profile is normally 19M.

Either would not support Max Plus which requires the 25 or 32 M profiles associated with IP TV based on distance from VRAD.

Would expect a tech visit required for upgrade (standard procedure), tech will verify drop wire, upgrade or replace NID if needed, inspect IW (inside wiring) and install cat5e if needed. Additionally performs several tests including speed test.
The RG may be replaced with the newer 589 allowing b/g/n wireless 2.4 ghz compared to b/g on 3801.

This would be listed as an install, two hour appointment window.

If have IPTV service may be able to avoid tech visit, but would encourage one, with RG upgrade.
vcincampbell
Campbell, CA

vcincampbell

Thank you for the response. Will make it a point to schedule a tech visit for the upgrade.