robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

robbin to Subaru

Mod

to Subaru

Re: plasma TV into cinder block

Threaded rod and epoxy both available at all big box stores.

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy to PSWired

Premium Member

to PSWired
Click for full size
Click for full size
said by PSWired:

Thanks. Post up some pictures of yours once it's done!

Not quite done yet (haven't moved the coax or rj11 into the patch panel yet) but it's getting there... Ignore the Synology on the bottom shelf - it's temporary while I sync the data from the primary (it's going offsite to a family member's house - I brought it home to resync after I broke the VPN client on it.

The rack itself is mounted to a pair of 2x4's, which are each mounted to the cinder block wall via 4x Tapcons/each. Solid as can be -- I've got zero concern about them.

I changed my mind and moved the SmartUPS 1500 unit external to the rack and put a PDU in its place. It makes the cabling a lot neater, and the UPS itself was just too darned big - it barely fit front-to-back and it was very difficult to cable.

PSWired
join:2006-03-26
Annapolis, MD

PSWired

Looks good! Where's your APC?

dennismurphy
Put me on hold? I'll put YOU on hold
Premium Member
join:2002-11-19
Parsippany, NJ

dennismurphy

Premium Member

said by PSWired:

Looks good! Where's your APC?

The UPS is next to the power outlet under the workbench to the left of the rack itself... It was a pain in the !$* so I installed a PDU instead. The SmartUPS 1500 has 8 outlets, and I needed at least 10, so I had to put a PDU in anyway... since the PDU I installed had a 15' cord, I was able to run it back to the UPS location no problem.

Actually cleaned up the install nicely, and now if I can find a Symmetra cheap, I can power myself for days.

quitaccount
DSLR sucks cocks
Premium Member
join:2000-11-13

quitaccount to Subaru

Premium Member

to Subaru
I've used tapcons outdoors on much heavier loads that 75#'s. just make sure you don't try to kill them when you're driving the tapcons in. as long as you don't strip any of the holes, the shear strength on them is WAY more than enough. for that I'd use 1/4" X 1 3/4" tapcons. probably 4, but maybe 6 just for that warm fuzzy feeling.

»www.tapcon.com/documents ··· v0-0.pdf ----this should ease your mind.

Subaru
1-3-2-4
Premium Member
join:2001-05-31
Greenwich, CT

Subaru

Premium Member

Wow this redhead anchor stuff is pretty good and the cure time is pretty quick. I assume left over in the tube is no longer good? I noticed I did not see any other nozzles bit I saw some in HD but they are for the G5 tubes.