spc
Search similar:

uniqs

battleop
join:2005-09-28

2 recommendations

battleop

It's time to stand up to the bully.

Maybe they will grow a set of balls and give Viacom the finger. If more companies would do this Viacom would get the hint to stop producing garbage shows and stop doubling their fees every time a contract comes up for renewal.
The Antihero
join:2002-04-09
Enola, PA

The Antihero

I would love to see that happen. If the cable companies stopped carrying their channels, then no one would see their crappy programs. Then where would they be?

battleop

battleop

I wonder how things are working out for The Weather Channel?
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

1 recommendation

ke4pym

Premium Member

said by battleop:

I wonder how things are working out for The Weather Channel?

I actually dialed up DirecTV to tell them I approve of them dropping TWC. They said what? Apparently, I was the only one that day who did.

battleop

battleop

I think the people who approve just don't care enough to say they don't.
Kearnstd
Space Elf
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Mullica Hill, NJ

Kearnstd to battleop

Premium Member

to battleop
I think it would be great if all the MSOs and DSS providers formed a trade group and one day decided to bid together. Giving the content companies a choice be seen by everyone for a logical price or be seen by nobody.

Sadly vertical integration makes this impossible.

But it would have to be retrans industry wide because as long as one provider in impacted regions folds standing up will fail due to customers just jumping ship.
jimc115
join:2007-07-21
Surprise, AZ

jimc115 to battleop

to battleop
I used to like the Weather Channel before NBC turned it into the reality channel.
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678 to Kearnstd

to Kearnstd
and if comcast wants to take over TWC they need to give up NBC and make it so that all of there CSN channels are on other systems in market.