spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ArrenH
@in.gov

ArrenH

Anon

[Internet] BHN premier TV and Lighting 30 bundle in Carmel Indiana

Like to solicit feedback from folks that use BHN premier TV and Lighting Internet in east Carmel, Indiana. We currently have AT&T (DSL) and DirecTV. While we are ok with DirecTV (reliability, picture quality, channel lineup), we are dissatisfied with AT&T DSL (6Mbps downstream) due to persistent frame freeze while video chatting with relatives and long download time for media files. Would appreciate your insight on BHN and potentially a way to obtain better deal then offered on BHN's website.

Please also share your experience with using TiVo with BHN. We like to record certain shows for enjoyment later at any TV in the house. BHN is looking to charge $40 per month for the whole house DVR. It may make more economic sense to purchase our own equipment(s).

Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Cmon Indy folks help your neighbor out in his decision
Boilermaker
join:2001-12-20
Carmel, IN

Boilermaker

I can only talk about Internet and phone business service here. I like it. It works and works well. The technicians that have come out to rewire my house (from the curb, to my house and inside my house) did a wonderful job. Also, it did not cost anything for that service.

On a related note, I spent a few hours recently to remove all the "beautiful" cables that satellite companies had "adorned" the outside of the house with a previous owner. They were half buried (shallow) and half fastened (poorly) to the exterior of the house. Bright House buried it well AND made sure the coax was rated for outdoor use as opposed to the cable I removed.
jkb246
join:2000-03-18
Carmel, IN

jkb246 to ArrenH

to ArrenH
Just spoke with one of the Apartment Reps since we are about to move from Indy (Comcast) to Carmel. When he mentioned the Lighting 90 service I was just giddy. Can't wait to see how it works in a few weeks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ArrenH

Premium Member

to ArrenH
Keep us updated and if you need anything let me know...
jkb246
Carmel, IN

jkb246

I do have a question about the Wireless Router/Modem that's provided. I had one with Verizon Fios in NJ and the speeds were horrific. How have the combined units worked with these high speed?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ArrenH

Premium Member

to ArrenH
When do you plan to install?

ArrenH
@in.gov

ArrenH to ArrenH

Anon

to ArrenH
Thank you for the feedback on BHN in Carmel. We decided to switch to premier TV + Lighting 30 from the previously mentioned service providers. So far so good on both of these services, specifically, frame freeze during video chat has not occurred since the switch.

On a side note, BHN installation technician put a hole in our ceiling during the installation. While we attribute some fault to him perhaps not being careful, we do empathize with him as he needed to access the attic to re-route some wires. BHN's contractor was quick to own up to the situation and offer to pay for the repair/restoration work. However, its ceiling repair referrals let them down significantly (one was a no show; the other with little to no repair experience and absolutely no consideration for people's time). We finally had enough and went with our own ceiling repair contractor. In any case, both BHN and the installation contractor were responsive and appeared to have a sense of ownership to the damage. We will see if BHN compensates us for all the inconvenience caused by the ceiling damage. Stay tuned.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by ArrenH :

Thank you for the feedback on BHN in Carmel. We decided to switch to premier TV + Lighting 30 from the previously mentioned service providers. So far so good on both of these services, specifically, frame freeze during video chat has not occurred since the switch.

On a side note, BHN installation technician put a hole in our ceiling during the installation. While we attribute some fault to him perhaps not being careful, we do empathize with him as he needed to access the attic to re-route some wires. BHN's contractor was quick to own up to the situation and offer to pay for the repair/restoration work. However, its ceiling repair referrals let them down significantly (one was a no show; the other with little to no repair experience and absolutely no consideration for people's time). We finally had enough and went with our own ceiling repair contractor. In any case, both BHN and the installation contractor were responsive and appeared to have a sense of ownership to the damage. We will see if BHN compensates us for all the inconvenience caused by the ceiling damage. Stay tuned.

Would you contact me at BHNtechXpert@mybrighthouse.com ASAP. I will make sure this gets taken care of.
jkb246
Carmel, IN

jkb246 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Shooting for May 10 or 11. Have to call the Apt sales rep back to confirm
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by jkb246:

Shooting for May 10 or 11. Have to call the Apt sales rep back to confirm

Does your apartment management require that you go through them for service?
jkb246
Carmel, IN

jkb246

No they provided a Brighthouse and Att sales contact to discuss options with. I spoke with a Brighthouse Sales Rep
jthahn
join:2014-04-21
United State

jthahn to ArrenH

to ArrenH
At the risk of sounding like a BHN plant...I love the service. The Internet speed is excellent, I do a lot of streaming and I work from home and have to do some frequent file transfers and my Internet speed had never once been a limiting factor.
I have to say though that I've been most impressed with the service. BHN is very easy to work with, if at some point you think your bill is to high just give them a call and they'll work with you to find the package that works for you.
Very pleasant people, not something I was used to in a called company.
jkb246
Carmel, IN

jkb246 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Almost set, but the rep I spoke with yesterday (He was filling in for the assigned rep) didn't advise that the first months bill is due when you place an order. Kept saying well we have no security deposit, but having to pay for service almost a month before I get it sounds like a deposit. So things will get finalized on payday.
jkb246

jkb246 to ArrenH

to ArrenH

Re: Lighting 60 is fast by itself in Carmel Indiana

Wow!!!!. Just came in from having my service installed and wow the internet is fast. Ordered with an apt rep Dvr one box service (Will need one more box probably), phone because it's included and Lighting 60 internet with wifi. I was receiving 45 down over wifi and 67/5 when plugged right into the Arris Modem. Not to bad, but is there a way to rename your wifi or set up guest access??
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by jkb246:

Wow!!!!. Just came in from having my service installed and wow the internet is fast. Ordered with an apt rep Dvr one box service (Will need one more box probably), phone because it's included and Lighting 60 internet with wifi. I was receiving 45 down over wifi and 67/5 when plugged right into the Arris Modem. Not to bad, but is there a way to rename your wifi or set up guest access??

The tech should have provided an admin login so you can change that. If not open a direct forums thread, include your modem MAC and I will get it for you.
jkb246
Carmel, IN

jkb246

Thanks, back at the old place packing box #1000000000 lol.
It was a contractor so he gave me my wifi info but nothing else. Don't know if BrightHouse uses company techs for installs in Carmel. I will open a ticket later tonight or tomorrow.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ArrenH

Premium Member

to ArrenH

Re: [Internet] BHN premier TV and Lighting 30 bundle in Carmel Indiana

ok