join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

aaronwt to mikeluscher159

Premium Member

to mikeluscher159

Re: Help crimping fios cable

said by mikeluscher159:

Those crimp on coax connectors, Especially on older RG-59 just don't cut it today. Even though FiOS's needs from a coax line are comparatively easier to deal with (5-1200 mHz) instead of the wider and higher needs of Cable and Satellite, For troubleshooting ;peace of mind and posterity, Compression connectors and RG-6 is a must.
Youtube is chuck full of how to video's on terminating Coax
If you want to start delving into the world of Coax. A (relatively) inexpensive kit like this: »www.amazon.com/Klein-Too ··· coax+kit or »www.amazon.com/Compressi ··· coax+kit
Will get you further ahead for adding STB's, Moving them or router's, Or adding a OTA antenna then having to pay for a truck roll or handyman.

Wow. Those kits are inexpensive. I could have used those several years ago when I was replacing my equipment at work. The tools I currently have cost several times that amount.
mikeluscher159
join:2011-09-04

1 recommendation

mikeluscher159

I know...
Omniseal and PPC make top notch compression tools and strippers
I inherited a Base Omniseal ($40~ on eBay), and bought a ~$10 data shark combo stripper on Amazon.
Add in some cheap PPC EX6XLPLUS connectors from eBay. And a "found" Perfectcube 500' of Tri-Shield RG-6 from a TWC tech friend . Rewire all the things!
OTA antenna too.....
SL83
join:2005-05-28
Oceanside, NY

SL83

All the things...