spc
Search similar:

uniqs
afarber
join:2007-01-13
Astoria, NY

afarber

Wish I could stay...Fios is calling

I really love RCN. I've enjoyed their service for about 8 years and I really want to continue using it. Verizon Fios is new in my neighborhood and the service/price that they are offering is just better than what I can get from RCN.

I've called RCN, and the retentions department has been very kind, but they have not been able to do better for me. All I need to stay is either meet Fios' rate or upgrade my internet service. I'm even willing to continue paying what I am now if they increase my speed. Fios' upload speed is just so enticing that it's hard for me to stay with RCN even with the recent upload adjustment.

The most frustrating thing - and I absolutely understand this is how the industry works - is that as a new customer with RCN I could beat out Fios by a huge margin!

I'm nervous to pull the trigger, but I may just have to switch this week.

*sigh*

Anyone from RCN able to help me here?

Adam
peteboston
join:1999-11-10
Wakefield, MA

peteboston

Since RCN got rid of their awful outsourced support, they subsequently decided to no longer be competitive for retention. They won't offer you anything that compares to a FIOS teaser rate. Best bet if you really want to save money is to try FIOS, use it for their teaser and then if you do decide to come back to RCN, you can get their 3 year guaranteed teaser pricing.

rcnman
Jason Nealis
Premium Member
join:2003-05-02
Herndon, VA

1 recommendation

rcnman to afarber

Premium Member

to afarber
Hey, please PM me your contact info so I can have someone reach out to you. .
afarber
Astoria, NY

1 recommendation

afarber

Thanks, Jason! Sent.

jamaicaplain
@rcn.com

jamaicaplain to afarber

Anon

to afarber
peteboston: come back to RCN, you can get their 3 year guaranteed teaser pricing.

Except that their guaranteed pricing isn't actually guaranteed. RCN increases TV programming prices by calling them surcharges which are not included in the so called guaranteed price. It is nothing short of fraudulent.
tivoNYC
join:2013-11-07
New York, NY

tivoNYC to afarber

to afarber
. Fios' upload speed

Curious - why do you care about UPLOAD speed? Caring about download speed I get.
afarber
Astoria, NY

1 recommendation

afarber

Good question. I'm a photographer, so I am frequently uploading many GB of photos and videos. While I can usually get it done on my RCN connection by leaving it overnight, it's not the greatest workflow. And the longer the upload takes the more opportunity for corruption - either the RCN connection goes down, or my website server hiccups, etc.
jonbrach
join:2005-03-31
New York, NY

jonbrach

I also do a lot of photography and upload pictures to be printed and the upload speed makes a huge difference to me!