Search similar:

uniqs
Jeff1462001
join:2003-10-26
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

[TV] TPIA with Bell Fibe TV

Hi,

I was just wondering if it's possible to get TPIA for internet and keep Bell Fibe TV? If that's possible, would I be able to use the same modem to connect to both services?

Thanks,
Jeff

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin

Premium Member

Sorry not possible.
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

Ok thanks for the quick response, would it be possible to have two seperate modems? One for internet and one for TV on the same line?

Rigor_M
join:2010-09-26
Quebec, QC

Rigor_M to Jeff1462001

to Jeff1462001
You cant separate Internet from FibeTV, it comes in a bundle. no TPIA allowed for now.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

And you can't have 2 modems on one Bell wire/fibre.

The only way to get TPIA is to get cable internet.
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

You can get a 2nd line installed but then youre paying for 2 internet connections
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

We'll right now I have zero rated internet from Bell

If I can get two desperate connections then I might just get it. Does anyone else have experience with FibeTV on one line and TPIA on a separate line?

Thanks,
Jeff
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

If your home is wired for two lines, as most are you can get two separate connections. There is no change in the experience. This is also assuming you're on FTTN. If you have FTTH, then you're SOL your only option is Bell or TPIA cable.
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

Is there a way to check if I have FTTN or FTTH?

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Jeff1462001:

Is there a way to check if I have FTTN or FTTH?

Go to »www.bell.ca/Bell_Interne ··· t_access and see what you qualify for, if you can get 5/1, 15/10, 25/10 or 50/10 it's FTTN, if you can get 5/1, 50/50 or 175/175 it's FTTH.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to Jeff1462001

to Jeff1462001
Is your gateway device fed by a telephone cable or an ethernet cable?
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

It's fed by a telephone cable.
Jeff1462001

Jeff1462001 to JC_

to JC_
Perfect I have FTTN. Thanks for letting me know!

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by Jeff1462001:

Perfect I have FTTN. Thanks for letting me know!

You're welcome.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to Jeff1462001

Premium Member

to Jeff1462001
said by Jeff1462001:

If I can get two desperate connections then I might just get it. Does anyone else have experience with FibeTV on one line and TPIA on a separate line?

Thanks,
Jeff

I had FibeTV with $0 Internet and TekSavvy for Internet for the longest time.

In the week before the second TekSavvy line was installed I actually put my TekSavvy Username/Password into my FibeTV CellPipe and was on-line via TekSavvy about 2 hours after I signed up - so the CellPipe had the FibeTV login session running for the FibeTV receivers and the TekSavvy PPPoE session running for Internet access. Worked perfectly.

I actually kept using TekSavvy this way for about a month just because after the REAL TekSavvy line was installed I couldn't be bothered to move anything around cabling wise, etc. Both my new TekSavvy line AND my FibeTV line were 25/7 so the speeds were identical (except of course when I was streaming HD).

Note that this only works on FTTN, note FTTH. Bell's FTTH network won't route PPPoE to TPIA providers (though it should but Bell are b@stards).
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

said by SimplePanda:

said by Jeff1462001:

Thanks,
Jeff

In the week before the second TekSavvy line was installed I actually put my TekSavvy Username/Password into my FibeTV CellPipe and was on-line via TekSavvy about 2 hours after I signed up - so the CellPipe had the FibeTV login session running for the FibeTV receivers and the TekSavvy PPPoE session running for Internet access. Worked perfectly.

I actually kept using TekSavvy this way for about a month just because after the REAL TekSavvy line was installed I couldn't be bothered to move anything around cabling wise, etc. Both my new TekSavvy line AND my FibeTV line were 25/7 so the speeds were identical (except of course when I was streaming HD).

Note that this only works on FTTN, note FTTH. Bell's FTTH network won't route PPPoE to TPIA providers (though it should but Bell are b@stards).

Thank you for confirming. I have FTTN and I might just do that as it saves me from getting another modem. Was just wondering if the internet works for your Fibe receivers when you did that? That would be awesome if it did

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by Jeff1462001:

said by SimplePanda:

said by Jeff1462001:

Thanks,
Jeff

Thank you for confirming. I have FTTN and I might just do that as it saves me from getting another modem. Was just wondering if the internet works for your Fibe receivers when you did that? That would be awesome if it did

I don't remember it being a problem. When you access the internet on a five receiver (app, etc) it just access the Internet without a VLAN tag so it'll just get routed to whatever service provider s configured for the Internet session.

Note that you'll have to get the second line installed (the one for TekSavvy). The tech will still come. But if you don't buy the second modem you can get away with using your TekSavvy account this way.

Just remember that if you ever have issues with TekSavvy and you call in to ask about it, they'll be confused as to why the line stats on your connection show you're not connected (and never have been). You'll then need to explain your whole scenario to them.

Martin
Premium Member
join:2005-05-05
Blainville, QC

Martin to Jeff1462001

Premium Member

to Jeff1462001
It is not common to be able to take FibeTV without Bell Internet service because it is a prerequisite for membership, Some here say they have succeeded but it is quite exceptional, Good Luck to get it!!! Your chances are not very high...
Jeff1462001
St John'S, NL

Jeff1462001

said by Martin:

It is not common to be able to take FibeTV without Bell Internet service because it is a prerequisite for membership, Some here say they have succeeded but it is quite exceptional, Good Luck to get it!!! Your chances are not very high...

Note that I already have zero rated internet. So that isn't an issue.
Jeff1462001

Jeff1462001 to SimplePanda

to SimplePanda
said by SimplePanda:

I don't remember it being a problem. When you access the internet on a five receiver (app, etc) it just access the Internet without a VLAN tag so it'll just get routed to whatever service provider s configured for the Internet session.

Note that you'll have to get the second line installed (the one for TekSavvy). The tech will still come. But if you don't buy the second modem you can get away with using your TekSavvy account this way.

Just remember that if you ever have issues with TekSavvy and you call in to ask about it, they'll be confused as to why the line stats on your connection show you're not connected (and never have been). You'll then need to explain your whole scenario to them.

Ok thanks, Yes I think I will do it. Thank you for all your information.

I usually don't call in so i should be good. If I find it does affect the internet when watching tv then I might just get another modem and use the other line for internet.

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda to Martin

Premium Member

to Martin
said by Martin:

It's pretty easy to do. Just call and ask for it. They'll give it to you. If they don't, tell them you want to cancel FibeTV. They'll forward you to retentions. Tell them you want to cancel FibeTV unless you don't have to pay for Internet because you have another provider.

Almost everyone I know on FibeTV has gotten $0 Internet this way and uses a TPIA instead.
ep80
join:2008-08-11
Montreal, QC

ep80 to Martin

to Martin
said by Martin:

Its too bad that it is not easy to get 0$ internet with Bell Fibe TV. I'd really like to switch from videotron to FibeTV, but I don't want Bell internet.

It would bring more customer to Bell I am sure, but if they don't want my money...