Lost in the Supermarket
Premium Member
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
·Comcast XFINITY

IowaCowboy

Premium Member

Re: Hopefully the SCOUTS declines the case

It's not just this case but someone needs to draw the line on Google and Privacy.

I'm looking for cloud storage and tried Google Drive but didn't trust it because I don't trust their privacy practices. I don't use Gmail because of rumors they read your E-Mail, they trashed YouTube by forcing you to take a Google+ account.

I don't even load videos to YouTube anymore, I just watch them.

Even though I use Google as a search engine, I'm a critic of their business practices.

OverrRyde
join:2007-04-10
Waterdown, ON

4 recommendations

OverrRyde

said by IowaCowboy:

It's not just this case but someone needs to draw the line on Google and Privacy.

I'm looking for cloud storage and tried Google Drive but didn't trust it because I don't trust their privacy practices. I don't use Gmail because of rumors they read your E-Mail, they trashed YouTube by forcing you to take a Google+ account.

Even though I use Google as a search engine, I'm a critic of their business practices.

Oh please! Your are a paranoid fear monger.

Dont want Streetview cars to snoop? Lock down you damn wifi.

Google offers *FREE* services to anyone who wants to have them. And yes, they may have "read" my emails, but for the purpose of target advertising. It's the price to pay for a free service. You are more than welcome to use a paid service or host your own mail server where you have complete control over it.

If you think you have any anonymity anywhere other than when your taking a shit on your toilet, well my friend, put on that tin foil hat on even tighter.

Come to think of it, make sure there isnt someone snaking a camera through your toilet..... :rolleyes:
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

2 recommendations

nonymous (banned) to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
If you want secure email encrypt it.
camelot
join:2008-04-12
Whitby, ON

1 recommendation

camelot to IowaCowboy

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

No such thing as privacy on the internet. You should know that by now.
said by IowaCowboy:

I don't use Gmail because of rumors they read your E-Mail

Rumours??? Machines read your email, not people. People have better things to do than read about your email to Gramma.
said by IowaCowboy:

Whether you upload them or just watch, they know you're using the service. They can see your source IP (if they wish), they can also serve you ads in YouTube. They know you're using it in some fashion.
said by IowaCowboy:

See above. They know you're using it, hence they serve you relative ads during searches. Virtually every website you visit has hooks to Google. From serving AdWords, to use Google Analytics. Some sites make a lot of money using AdWords.

NormanS
I gave her time to steal my mind away
MVM
join:2001-02-14
San Jose, CA
TP-Link TD-8616
Asus RT-AC66U B1
Netgear FR114P

1 recommendation

NormanS to IowaCowboy

MVM

to IowaCowboy
said by IowaCowboy:

I don't use Gmail because of rumors they read your E-Mail ...

Given the volume of email, "reading" your email is highly improbable. "Scanning" your email for keywords relative to marketing is rather more likely.
switchg3ar
join:2008-07-01

switchg3ar

That's what the NSA does "Scanning" your email for keywords. If they find something then maybe they do something.
CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium Member
join:2011-08-11
NYC

CXM_Splicer

Premium Member

said by switchg3ar:

If they find something then maybe they do something.

Funny, they don't seem to be finding anything despite all the 'scanning' they are doing.