uniqs

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

SrsBsns to existenz

to existenz

Re: Good job

said by existenz:

The problem is Tmobile doesn't have as much LTE coverage than even Sprint - Tmobile doesn't work at some friends outside city, Sprint LTE does. I'm using over 10GB/month on Sprint, which would be costly on ATT/VZW. Would rather have 4Mbps unlimited than 100Mbps with a cap, though I tend to get 6-20M. What smartphone app needs more than 3Mbps - none.

It's true that T-Mobile doesnt have much LTE coverage outside the metro but they are upgrading all 2G towers by mid 2015. They also state 50% of the upgrade will be complete by the end of this year.

»www.theverge.com/2014/3/ ··· mid-2015

One thing to keep in mind when looking at T-mobile LTE coverage is mapping can be different from the real network experience because T-mobile also has an HSPA+ 42 network to fall back on. T-mobile's HSPA network is 2x faster than AT&T's HSPA+ 21. Ive been able to hit 20Mbit on it.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Li ··· networks
existenz
join:2014-02-12

existenz

Agreed with the HSPA to fall back on but that's also not very present outside cities. Sprint also continues to add at faster pace, both coverage and performance. As more Sprint users get Spark phones, the performance avgs will increase.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to SrsBsns

Premium Member

to SrsBsns
I would say when that 2G to 4G LTE upgrade happens that even the big two will start to feel loads of pain. Because there 2G foot print isn't all that bad and I know if it was all 4G LTE that most would like to dump AT&T/Verizon at that point.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to existenz

to existenz
Sprint most like will not add rural coverage themselves but now is.part or NetAmerica for combined coverage which will start showing up plus roaming on some 700.