TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

4 recommendations

New team member!

Hi Gang,

We are pleased to announce that Bram Abramson has joined TekSavvy as our Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer.

Bram joins TekSavvy from a major national law firm, where he advised a broad range of service providers and investors on network regulation and tariffing, media distribution and licensing, spectrum allocation, emergency communications, and broadcast and telecom mergers and acquisitions. Bram will help keep TekSavvy at the forefront of protecting Canadian consumers' communications rights in the face of growing challenges and opportunities.

He joins us at a time when TekSavvy is increasingly under the microscope, and regularly deals with new legal and regulatory issues. His expertise will help guide us through new challenges as they arise. We are very happy to have Bram aboard, and are looking forward to increasing our advocacy for our customers with him leading the regulatory and legal charge.
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21

That's great to hear! Welcome to TSI Bram!

I wonder what Bibic is thinking now.
--

MaynardKrebs
Heave Steve, for the good of the country
Premium
join:2009-06-17
kudos:4

said by HiVolt:

I wonder what Bibic is thinking now.

Time for another reptilian skin change?

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to TSI Marc

said by TSI Marc:

Hi Gang,

We are pleased to announce that Bram Abramson has joined TekSavvy as our Chief Legal and Regulatory Officer.

Bram joins TekSavvy from a major national law firm, where he advised a broad range of service providers and investors on network regulation and tariffing, media distribution and licensing, spectrum allocation, emergency communications, and broadcast and telecom mergers and acquisitions. Bram will help keep TekSavvy at the forefront of protecting Canadian consumers' communications rights in the face of growing challenges and opportunities.

He joins us at a time when TekSavvy is increasingly under the microscope, and regularly deals with new legal and regulatory issues. His expertise will help guide us through new challenges as they arise. We are very happy to have Bram aboard, and are looking forward to increasing our advocacy for our customers with him leading the regulatory and legal charge.

Great!
Once you've shown him where the washrooms are, and where the pencils are kept, point him to this »TekSavvy database for LEO requests?

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:26

Hehe for sure.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

Wow ... what a change ... from way up in the TD Tower to Chatham! And from Starbucks/SecondCup etc. to Timmies

Looks like you got yourself a good heavy hitter there!

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24

1 recommendation

Hey!!!! We got a starbucks now

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable

It would be great if it was good coffee ... can you tell I'm not fond of over-roasted coffee???? I tried their "True North Blend" which was a much nicer roast but the beans have so little flavour!

Last time I was in Timmies, they seem to have changed their coffee again, and what I had was an improvement. on the stuff in recent years! (It was not the same after they "Wendyfied" Timmies!

KPaul

join:2007-02-08
reply to TSI Marc

Think he'd do an AMA?

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON
kudos:10

said by KPaul:

Think he'd do an AMA?

Think he'd post on DSLR?
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to TSI Marc

What's next, Marc?

I suggest a TSI barista so your new in-house shyster gets a proper 'fix'.

Get one or two of these »www.zuccariniltd.com/elektra_modern.html , a couple Moretti pizza ovens, and maybe serve tapas late in the evening too.

Internet, pizza, & coffee .... what could be more enticing to a new employee ('cept maybe a paycheck)

SimplePanda
Go Habs Go
Premium
join:2003-09-22
Toronto, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to sbrook

said by sbrook:

It would be great if it was good coffee ... can you tell I'm not fond of over-roasted coffee???? I tried their "True North Blend" which was a much nicer roast but the beans have so little flavour!

Last time I was in Timmies, they seem to have changed their coffee again, and what I had was an improvement. on the stuff in recent years! (It was not the same after they "Wendyfied" Timmies!

We urbanites all turn up noses at anything pre-3rd wave.

»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_Wave_Coffee

TSI Gabe
Premium,VIP
join:2007-01-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:7
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

Get one or two of these »www.zuccariniltd.com/elektra_modern.html

yesss
--
TSI Gabe - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·TekSavvy Cable
reply to SimplePanda

I can understand that I got some Yergacheffe from an independent roaster in Toronto a few months ago ... it was SO smoooooth and tasty. It's not as if chanins can't do it ... get the right balance of beans and roasting ... but alas they don't.

Digita
Premium
join:2013-09-05
Chatham, ON
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to MaynardKrebs

said by MaynardKrebs:

Internet, pizza, & coffee .... what could be more enticing to a new employee ('cept maybe a paycheck)

Perfect, wonderful idea! haha Should be looked into for sure!!

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to TSI Marc

Hope he didn't pick up any bad habits at Rogers.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

If Castle can bring a Cappucino maker into the 12th Precinct, perhaps someone can bring one into TekSavvy?

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

Think he'd post on DSLR?

Yes, but he'd include a disclaimer, and send you a bill.

rodjames
Premium
join:2010-06-19
Gloucester, ON

1 recommendation

reply to TSI Marc

Very congratulations, sir! Welcome to the team.

edit: is this what they call "Lawyering up?"

shrugs

@videotron.ca
reply to TSI Marc

Didn't he only get called to the bar a few short years ago (if that)? Only got into telecom really a few years ago as well. Then went to work at McCarthy Tetrault? I seem to recall that (there is reason I recall that)... I could be wrong. And what does it matter...

Anyways, it should be interesting...

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
reply to TSI Andre

said by TSI Andre:

Hey!!!! We got a starbucks now

Must have been part of the deal !

peterboro
Premium
join:2006-11-03
Peterborough, ON
reply to shrugs

said by shrugs :

Didn't he only get called to the bar a few short years ago (if that)? Only got into telecom really a few years ago as well. Then went to work at McCarthy Tetrault? I seem to recall that (there is reason I recall that)... I could be wrong. And what does it matter...

The fact he isn't a relic should be an asset in this arena. No golf with Bibic to corrupt him yet.

»ca.linkedin.com/in/bramabramson

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

Formerly summered at Rogers Communications.

Mike

resa1983
Premium
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

said by dillyhammer:

Mike

Just means he knows how the evil ones think, and can figure out how to counter their... nonsense.. to put it nicely.
--
Battle.net Tech Support MVP

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

Summering @ Rogers is like summering in the Hamptons for us 1%ers.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
Scarborough, ON

Mike

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium,MVM
Scarborough, ON
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to TSI Marc

Well, congrats to TSI and Mr. Abramson.

You know you're in the shit when you have in-house counsel. I'm assuming we'll get to see and hear him in action soon enough, given the open files with our beloved regulator.

Mike
--
I've picked on Cogeco long enough. Who's next? Any volunteers?

Davesnothere
No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
reply to resa1983

said by resa1983:

said by dillyhammer:

Mike

Just means he knows how the evil ones think, and can figure out how to counter their... nonsense.. to put it nicely.

So he is aware of the perils of 'The Dark Side'. (or however Mister Darth put it)

MaynardKrebs
Premium
reply to dillyhammer

said by dillyhammer:

Well, congrats to TSI and Mr. Abramson.

You know you're in the shit when you have in-house counsel. I'm assuming we'll get to see and hear him in action soon enough, given the open files with our beloved regulatory.

Pretty soon TSI will have 10,000 lawyers too.*
Then look at what'll happen to our bills.

*apologies to JF

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Marc

I am glad to see TSI taking their regulatory and legal work seriously, adding a dedicated, high level resource to this area of expertise is excellent. Thanks for the update Marc.