Search similar:

uniqs

SrsBsns
join:2001-08-30
Oklahoma City, OK

1 recommendation

SrsBsns

T-Mobile Listens

I'm not happy with the loss of discounts for new customers. I do have to give a kudos for T-Mobile for listening to their customers.

Why does a contract free provider give discounts for employers anyway?

norm
join:2012-10-18
Pittsburgh, PA

4 recommendations

norm

said by SrsBsns:

I do have to give a kudos for T-Mobile for listening to their customers.

It's awfully sad that we live in a country where we're surprised when a company listens to its customers.

Mr Guy
@charter.com

1 recommendation

Mr Guy to SrsBsns

Anon

to SrsBsns
Now they will find another way to get that revenue. I'm not sure why people don't get this.

norm
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

said by Mr Guy :

Now they will find another way to get that revenue. I'm not sure why people don't get this.

Possibly by increased customer satisfaction which always has the potential of word of mouth referrals. They spend quite a lot on advertising already, why not just change the medium?

Mr Guy
@charter.com

2 recommendations

Mr Guy

Anon

said by norm:

Possibly by increased customer satisfaction which always has the potential of word of mouth referrals. They spend quite a lot on advertising already, why not just change the medium?

What good will that do since new customers don't get the employee discounts?

"Hey come to T-Mobile they're great. I get a 20% employee discount, but you won't"

yeah sounds like great word of mouth.

norm
Pittsburgh, PA

norm

said by Mr Guy :

What good will that do since new customers don't get the employee discounts?

"Hey come to T-Mobile they're great. I get a 20% employee discount, but you won't"

yeah sounds like great word of mouth.

Right... Because every person pays the same regardless of when they play the game. Don't tell that to people buying houses or people that bought houses when interest rates were higher.

If you value things solely based on what others pay, you're a bit short sighted there. Might I suggest you not cut off your nose to spite your face?

Bob pays $80/mo for the same service I could pay $100/mo for. I could also use an alternative provider and pay $120/mo just to "stick it" to the company that won't sell me the $100/mo service for $80/mo. Great, I will pay $40 more per month for an alternative service out of spite vs. looking for a service that works for me AND a price point that works form. I guess everyone has their own values.

Also, who in their right mind would suggest T-Mobile to someone then immediately follow that up with, "but oh, you can't get the employer based discount like I have."

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

1 recommendation

Packeteers to SrsBsns

Premium Member

to SrsBsns
said by SrsBsns:

Why does a contract free provider give discounts for employers anyway?

I may be able to answer that... about 4 years ago when tmobile got famous in nyc for it's unlimited data plans under $100/mo 2yr agreements (base rates have gone down since then), many businesses signed up for their employee phones, and many employees got tmobile for their personal phones under the same terms. since then many competitors offer great unlimited data plans and try to tempt old tmobile subscribers away. so if tmobile had dropped that discount, they would have lost a lot more old business and personal subscribers then they may have realized.