dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
« Still a new network
This is a sub-selection from Impressive!

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar to IPPlanMan

to IPPlanMan

Re: Impressive!

said by IPPlanMan:

Go T-Mobile!

When its finally able to deploy its 700 MHz spectrum, T-Mobile's coverage will increase dramatically. It's expensive to deploy the tower density needed with high frequency spectrum. The future for T-Mobile is bright!

The 700 MHz spectrum that they acquired only covers portions of the country. The spectrum in question mainly covers around major cities where T Mobile is already pretty good, so this doesn't do all that much for coverage in rural areas where they need it most.

snarf
@telepacific.net

snarf

Anon

Looks like california will be happy with tmobile

w0g
o.O
join:2001-08-30
Springfield, OR

w0g

after seeing that map..... I think.. T-Mobile's purchase is shit. It does not cover any part of the country that isn't in the mega cities of the most concentrated parts of the country.

I thus recommend people to abandon T-Mobile unless they live in one of those areas. because it will be some time before others see improvements. meaning the current speed you see, is what you get.

Sprint is where I see the future thanks to the 2.5GHz block of spectrum and Spark, plus the continued roll out of the 800MHz LTE network and LTE in general.

dsfdafaf
@comcastbusiness.net

dsfdafaf

Anon

Don't think 2.5 GHz will do any good in rural areas.
The 800 MHz sliver of spectrum will only provide 5x5mhz in most areas, if that. Get a couple heavy users on a particular cell, and your performance will quickly suffer. Sprint's 1900 is weak. It barely reaches 1 mile beyond the tower, on a good day.

Gilitar
join:2012-02-01
Mobile, AL

Gilitar

said by dsfdafaf :

Don't think 2.5 GHz will do any good in rural areas.
The 800 MHz sliver of spectrum will only provide 5x5mhz in most areas, if that. Get a couple heavy users on a particular cell, and your performance will quickly suffer. Sprint's 1900 is weak. It barely reaches 1 mile beyond the tower, on a good day.

Very true, however you don't need as much spectrum for rural areas. The 2.5 GHz is ideal for areas with a high population density.
« Still a new network
This is a sub-selection from Impressive!