WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to nekkidtruth

to nekkidtruth

Re: VMedia Launches Cloud PVR

said by nekkidtruth:

I don't think that's what he's referring to. It's more to do with the stupidly expensive PVR units that have hard drives in them.

Given that you've already invested in a vBox, an extra $70 gets you a TB of recordings that will be there when you get back from your 3 week vacation.

»www.canadacomputers.com/ ··· d=063170

MyrddinEmrys
join:2011-11-29
Scarborough, ON

MyrddinEmrys to WhaleOilBee

to WhaleOilBee
said by nekkidtruth:

I don't think that's what he's referring to. It's more to do with the stupidly expensive PVR units that have hard drives in them.

Yep, thanks, "big and clunky" was in relation to a physical PVR, just look at the big three, and also the problems associated with their hardware.

We don't have more than a T.V. at our house, but my wife and I don't always want to watch the same thing or we have several programs in the same time slot.

Even if we had two or more T.V.s, we would not have the costs of WIFI connected "home" PVR and connected boxes.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to WhaleOilBee

Premium Member

to WhaleOilBee
Assumption 1: The vBox isn't replaced with a different device, possibly a $500 one like the others use.
Assumption 2: That I would ever use a drive like that for a PVR.
Assumption 3: That I get 3 weeks vacation...

WhaleOilBee
What a long strange trip it's been
join:2011-08-02
Manotick, ON

WhaleOilBee to MyrddinEmrys

to MyrddinEmrys
Your points are valid. Everyone will have their own unique situation that will dictate which TV provider has the best value and features for them.

What works for me, might be a major hassle for the next guy.
WhaleOilBee

1 recommendation

WhaleOilBee to nekkidtruth

to nekkidtruth
said by nekkidtruth:

Assumption 1: The vBox isn't replaced with a different device, possibly a $500 one like the others use.
Assumption 2: That I would ever use a drive like that for a PVR.
Assumption 3: That I get 3 weeks vacation...

1. Can you imagine the blowback from the early adopters when told they have to throw away their vBox and buy something else.
2. That's exactly what the USB port on these inexpensive IPTV boxes can be used for.
3. Everything's negotiable.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth

Premium Member

said by WhaleOilBee:

1. Can you imagine the blowback from the early adopters when told they have to throw away their vBox and buy something else.
2. That's exactly what the USB port on these inexpensive IPTV boxes can be used for.
3. Everything's negotiable.

1. That's never ever stopped anyone from doing just that. Silly decision from a PR perspective? Absolutely. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

2. I know why a USB port exist on these devices. Still doesn't ean I'd use that one

3. Touché!
GeorgeBurger
join:2011-12-30

GeorgeBurger

Update on VCloud TV Upgrade:

Hi, we started the rollout to a limited number of related homes to test, and found several bugs. We are working on them and expect them to be fixed in the ordinary course, allowing the wider rollout by Thursday. Very sorry for the inconvenience, but we are just trying to get it right. Thanks for your understanding, and best regards, George.

Kaloni
Premium Member
join:2006-02-21
canada

Kaloni

Premium Member

Any updates or word on the rollout?
Trentelshark
join:2002-12-11
London, ON

Trentelshark

My VBox took the update late last week. I THINK I saw elsewhere that the rollout to the older models was to follow into this week. If you push the Home button go to Updates and see if it is waiting there. My pop-up didn't work this time around.