uniqs

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

[Business] *sigh* the joys of installing new "Business Class" service...

Click for full size
activating new BCI service, and trying to use my main email address as the primary contact. disregarding the conflicting terminology (i'm assuming "username" means "email address")... apparently you cannot use the same email address for managing 2 accounts??

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 edit

ropeguru

Premium Member

Click for full size
I need to login and verify, but I believe there is a place that if you already have a login, you can just add a second account number. I know you can do that at the www.comcast.com site. As I have a business and residential setup on the same login.

Edit - Just confirmed that if you log into your current business account, there is an option to link another account. See screenshot.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

but do you not have to have the 2nd account already activated first? this 2nd account hasn't been activated yet, that's what i'm in the process of doing.

EDIT actually found the link account thing, but i get this error when I try to link it

ropeguru
Premium Member
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

ropeguru

Premium Member

You are correct. Now that I think about it, I just use the comcast email address that was assigned to my second account then brought it in to manage under my original.

tshirt
Premium Member
join:2004-07-11
Snohomish, WA

tshirt to train_wreck

Premium Member

to train_wreck
Just make a new email, and then you can combine them or have one email forward to the other (assumes the primary email is for account management ONLY (recommended)

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

said by tshirt:

Just make a new email

yeah, just wanted to avoid the unnecessary if i could.

noc007
join:2002-06-18
Cumming, GA

noc007 to train_wreck

to train_wreck
If you already have a login for an existing account, you can just add another account. Click on "Users & Preferences", on that page there will be a link "Rename or link another account", and then follow the steps to add an account.

Billing will be separate for each account. When you login to pay for an account, you will need to select the other account and pay that bill separately. Annoying, but at least it's under the same login.