»www.apple.com/pr/library ··· sco.html

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

1 edit

haroldo

Click for full size
Click for full size
As Apple likes to give hints as to what's coming in the invitation logo/design, I wonder what's in store for us???
Looks like the color scheme for the next version of iOS/OS X will have new darker, richer colors!!!!
Finally!
And to think I was just about ready to get a Droid.

bjf123
We Want... A Shrubbery
Premium Member
join:2000-02-11
Hamilton, OH

bjf123

Premium Member

Looks like someone doesn't know their Roman numerals. If it's WWDC14, shouldn't the second line be MMXIV, not MMXIII?

haroldo
USA

haroldo

Good point, I think I pulled that image from a blog post...can't remember where.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to bjf123

MVM,

to bjf123
That was last year's icon, for 2013.

haroldo
USA

2 edits

haroldo

Click for full size
said by haroldo:

Good point, I think I pulled that image from a blog post...can't remember where.

The item was posted by MacRumors. They have since changed the image on the web page »www.macrumors.com/2014/0 ··· -june-2/

Image, above, was the original message sent out via their RSS feed.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
IOS8 and maybe a new Apple TV

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
NEW MAC PRO!!!

oh wait....

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet to WK2

MVM

to WK2
said by WK2:

IOS8 and maybe a new Apple TV

new iphone -- or at least the hints thereof.
haswell mac mini.

q.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2

Premium Member

I think they may stick with the fall release for the iPhone imo

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

1 recommendation

darcilicious

Premium Member

Announce the iPhone 6 in June, goes on sale in Sept.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by darcilicious:

Announce the iPhone 6 in June, goes on sale in Sept.

Just a guess, but I believe the 5S is a strong seller (the 5C is another story, all together).
To announce a successor product so far in advance will cause 5S sales to evaporate.
If I were in charge and there was a 6 is forthcoming, I'd not offer such a lengthy lead time. I'd announce it two to three weeks before it's launched.

WK2
Premium Member
united state

WK2 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
Unless Apple feels their market share is in significant danger, they will announce the iphone 6 in the fall.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by WK2:

Unless Apple feels their market share is in significant danger, they will announce the iphone 6 in the fall.

After the 5C I suspect they will want to let everyone know they have something up their sleeve, assuming they do.

I still have only seen a handful of Apple's plastic delight.

mbernste
MVM
join:2001-06-30
Piscataway, NJ

mbernste to HiVolt

MVM

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

NEW MAC PRO!!!
oh wait....

Been there. Done that.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
I'm seeing three things:

1) Smartwatch
2) Apple TV
3) New(er) Line of MacBooks.

Cody0
Bob Vance, VR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA

Cody0 to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
I would like the iPhone 6 because I'd like to get rid of this galaxy S4 already

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by Cody0:

Me too! Well I dont want the S4, but I do want the bigger screen. I see my co-workers with the S4 and it's just so much easier to see attachments, emails, videos.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
What I am really hoping for is iOS 8 that will allow some form of 3rd party customizations & addons. They would be approved by Apple like Apps.

It would pretty much negate the need to jailbreak.

Robert
Premium Member
join:2001-08-25
Miami, FL

Robert

Premium Member

said by HiVolt:

What I am really hoping for is iOS 8 that will allow some form of 3rd party customizations & addons. They would be approved by Apple like Apps.

Yes! A replacement to the messaging, safari and mail app would be nice, where you could set the default app to something else.
rugby
I think I know it all.
join:2000-09-26
Plainfield, IN

rugby to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

said by Cody0:

Me too! Well I dont want the S4, but I do want the bigger screen. I see my co-workers with the S4 and it's just so much easier to see attachments, emails, videos.

I concur. I have a Note 3 and Android SUCKS for most stuff but I love the screen size.

haroldo
USA

haroldo to Robert

to Robert
said by Robert:

said by HiVolt:

Yes! A replacement to the messaging, safari and mail app would be nice, where you could set the default app to something else.

IMHO ...and just guessing... but, aint gunna happen.
Apple's thing was/is/will always be we want the consumer experience to be trouble free.
To experienced users, changing defaults, etc., is not a big deal.
But to the masses, simplicity is paramount. Once you allow the user to 'mess things up', they'll start blaming the device when they break it.
If one wants customization and the ability to personalize, use OS X, but iOS is designed to be an uber-simple, trouble free device.
I could be wrong...usually am, but they're thing is what drives they're superior consumer reputation.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
My guess will be a larger screen iphone 6. Announce it now, get everyone whipped up into a frenzy, Apple doesn't make enough and you see all over the news there is a massive shortage.

HiVolt
Premium Member
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
said by haroldo:

IMHO ...and just guessing... but, aint gunna happen.
Apple's thing was/is/will always be we want the consumer experience to be trouble free.
To experienced users, changing defaults, etc., is not a big deal.
But to the masses, simplicity is paramount. Once you allow the user to 'mess things up', they'll start blaming the device when they break it.
If one wants customization and the ability to personalize, use OS X, but iOS is designed to be an uber-simple, trouble free device.
I could be wrong...usually am, but they're thing is what drives they're superior consumer reputation.

Well that's fine, Apple can still make the OS just as easy to use as they do now. People don't have to use addons, just like they dont have to use apps they dont like or want.

Problem with Apple is that it takes YEARS for simple feature changes to arrive, and others they just won't do.

haroldo
USA

2 edits

haroldo

said by HiVolt:

Well that's fine, Apple can still make the OS just as easy to use as they do now. People don't have to use addons, just like they dont have to use apps they dont like or want.

Problem with Apple is that it takes YEARS for simple feature changes to arrive, and others they just won't do.

Agreed, but it's one thing to not download an app...it's another for a newbie to easily get into the Settings section and inadvertently click (oops..touch LOL) the wrong button...or worse visit a rogue web site that offers to do something, but when you touch the button, it changes (or helps you figure out how to change) the browser, mail app, etc. (something I'm sure is behind Apple's decision making process)

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Please -- a simple confirmation dialog (like the gazillion there are already for other things) would "fix" that "problem".

haroldo
USA

1 recommendation

haroldo to darcilicious

to darcilicious
What to expect (from a rumors site) »www.macrumors.com/roundup/wwdc/

Cody0
Bob Vance, VR
Premium Member
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA

Cody0 to Robert

Premium Member

to Robert
I went back to my 4S after a week with the S4 and just couldn't do it because the screen on the S4 was so much nicer - but now that Android is already reminding me why I left it in the first place, I can't go back to iOS soon enough!