uniqs

chachster
Premium Member
join:2002-08-07
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

[TV] Columbus OH - Cable Card

I'll be moving in a couple months and looking at TWC for my TV/Internet.
I'm a WMC person and will be going the CableCARD route. I'm looking at the website and they offer CableCARD and CableCARD with Tuning Adaptor, does the Columbus OH market require the Tuning Adaptor? Just making sure I get what I need when I am ready. I know it's about two months out, but planning my TV/Internet now.

Vchat20
Landing is the REAL challenge
Premium Member
join:2003-09-16
Columbus, OH

Vchat20

Premium Member

Not sure about the Central Ohio area but I know the Northern Ohio region was full into SDV many years ago. My educated guess is it is needed here in Columbus.
scantor
join:2004-08-11
Columbus, OH

scantor to chachster

to chachster
Columbus is split into the original TWC areas and the old Coaxial/Insight/now TWC areas on the east and northeast sides.

So far the Insight area I'm in does not require a TA yet.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

Agreed, and hopefully the TWC reps if he does move into ex-Insight territory are better then what the Insight reps were on activating a cable card.

chachster
Premium Member
Westerville, OH

chachster to scantor

Premium Member

to scantor
I'll be moving in to original TWC area.
thirdeye359
join:2009-11-09
Delaware, OH

thirdeye359 to chachster

to chachster
Oh man. Make sure, I mean really make sure they actually bring a cablecard to the install. Despite making them aware I needed a cablecard the tech showed up without one and had to reschedule another week out because my install was on a saturday and the card was "locked in someones desk somewhere"

Also make sure they bring a quad tuning adapter, and your tech will probably have never seen WMC before. Sorry to make it sound bad, it was. If I had to do it over again I'd go tivo.

rv65
Premium Member
join:2008-08-02
USA!!!!

rv65

Premium Member

All TWC tuning adapters have the proper firmware that can decode up to 6 tuners, so it will work just fine with a Ceton InfiniTV4 and 6.

chachster
Premium Member
Westerville, OH

chachster

Premium Member

I have three Siicondust HD Homeru Primes which would give me a total of 9 tuners... Each with need a Tuning Adapter I assume.... have never used a tuning adapter as it was not required with my current/soon to be former provider.