Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

1 edit

Anonymous_

Premium Member

dual tuner

a dual tuner is significant enough for average user.. unless you are a hard core couch potato

aaronwt
Premium Member
join:2004-11-07
Woodbridge, VA
Asus RT-AX89

1 edit

aaronwt

Premium Member

said by Anonymous_:

a dual tuner is significant enough for average user.. unless you are a hard core couch potato

I couldn't even get by with two tuners back in the 20th century with VCRs. I had several VCRs recording. And back in the early 2000's I used at least six SD tuners for recording. Although I did have to pick and choose in 2001 when I first started recording HD since I only had two HD tuners in a couple of HTPCs to use for recordings. So I had to watch Sd on shows when I didn't have have enough tuners to record in HD. Until 2004 when the first HD TiVo came out and I was back up to six tuners with two DirecTV HD TiVos and my two HD tuners in HTPCs.

Now I get by with six tuners in a TiVo Roamio Pro with a four tuner Roamio Basic on OTA as a backup. Of course I don't watch everything I record, but when I sit down to watch TV, I want something available that will interest me. Depending on the mood I am the content I watch can vary wildly. So the more choices I have the more likely I will have something available I want to watch. And I certainly have no desire to watch anything live. I stopped watching commercials in the 80's.