spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Atheren
join:2014-04-03

1 edit

Atheren

New firmware hijacking Netgear modem almost no changeable stettings

A new firmware made my router crap out for a good five minutes, only finding this out after i tried to log into it to fix it, and i AM NOT PLEASED.

This new "Mediacom Control Panel" has almost NONE of the settings the Netgear firmware did. Not only that, but when i went in to change the SSID, after having to call some support person who did not seem to have a clue what my problem was to just get the new username/password since they hijacked it, it gave me an error for a second saying it could not contact the server. WHY DOES THE ROUTER NEED TO CONTACT A SERVER TO CHANGE THE SSID?!??!?!

I would like a rollback to a Netgear firmware, how do i do that in a way that will prevent this hijack again?

EDIT: Seems my upload has been doubled to 11mbps now though... I guess that's nice?

Anonymous88
Premium Member
join:2004-06-01
IA

Anonymous88

Premium Member

As long as you have Mediacom Home Networking ($3.95/mo) you will be forced to use ClearAccess portal. It is remotely managed and Mediacom can provide support or reconfigure your gateway. Very dumbed down version. Have fun!
DoctorX
join:2010-08-01

DoctorX to Atheren

to Atheren
that is why i do not use that crap.. I have my own modem and own router. My experience is I know way more than most of the media com about my network. The look on techs face when they come in to work on the internet issues i was having was priceless.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to Atheren

Premium Member

to Atheren
Send me a PM and I can remove the CLEARaccess software and work to get this fixed and remove you from the pool so it won't automatically update again.

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to Atheren

Premium Member

to Atheren
What package do you have?
If you have the 50Mb package seems like the upload is now 10Mbps
macdude22
join:2005-09-08
IA

macdude22

said by IowaMan:

If you have the 50Mb package seems like the upload is now 10Mbps

Tru dat sister.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

That is a great result! Let me know if you have any issues!