spc
Search similar:

uniqs
thewayitis
join:2005-12-13
usa

thewayitis

[CATV] Charter Customer Appreciation Discount letter

I got a letter from Charter stating for the next 12 months my bill will be $20 less did anyone get this letter and did you call about it.
sonomazr2
join:2014-04-04
Minnesota

sonomazr2

Are you on the old 2-year guarantee programs? Your bill will go up $50, then they will credit you $20. Not a good deal. This just happened to me.
63475675 (banned)
join:2014-01-06

63475675 (banned)

Bahahaha!

Charter's version of a "shell game" I suppose.
sonomazr2
join:2014-04-04
Minnesota

sonomazr2 to thewayitis

to thewayitis
In my situation, I was aware my 2-year commitment was coming up. I got this letter saying I was going to get a $45 discount for the next 12 months, because I was a valued customer. Looking at the fine print, they were taking away the 2-year guarantee discounts for all 3 services (totaling about $80).

Mr Guy
@charter.com

Mr Guy to sonomazr2

Anon

to sonomazr2
said by sonomazr2:

Are you on the old 2-year guarantee programs? Your bill will go up $50, then they will credit you $20. Not a good deal. This just happened to me.

what do you mean not a good deal? They could have just ended your promo pricing and made you paid full price and that's it. At least yore still getting something.

miscposter
@charter.com

miscposter

Anon

They did not take away your two year guarantee. The two years ended. Instead of doing what you and them agreed upon, going to standard rate after two years, they opted to provided you an additinal discount for a third year off the standard rate above and beyond the agreed upon time frame.

That said, call in and ask about standard pricing. You might find it saves you money and gives you better options.
mj3431
join:2003-04-21
STL, MO

mj3431

Agree. When my 2 year promo ended I got one of those letters. Turns out I was able to get a better deal just by visiting my local office and moving to new pricing.
thewayitis
usa

thewayitis

I called because my 24 month guarantee is coming to a end Charter CS said it didn't apply - key word in letter > $20 off "standard" pricing. I got the letter after we set the date (2 week wait) for new pricing and modems. So just wondering why you and not me viper3434. Why a different answer for each call.
thewayitis

thewayitis

Edit:

viper3431

Forgot to had I still don't know what is standard pricing.

miscposter
@charter.com

miscposter

Anon

59.99 TV Select
79.99 TV Silver
99.99 TV Gold

6.99 DCT (SD, HD, DVR)

13.99 Single DVR Service
19.99 2-4 DVR Service

54.99 Internet Only
49.99 When Bundled

19.99 Phone

CoolMan
join:2008-01-07
Maryville, TN

CoolMan

said by miscposter :

13.99 Single DVR Service

Was this recently increased? The rate cards here still show $11.99 per mo.

miscposter
@charter.com

miscposter

Anon

No, I just wrote the wrong amount.

Single DVR service is still 11.99.

Sorry.
thewayitis
usa

thewayitis to sonomazr2

to sonomazr2
sonomazr2, Got my bill today the $20 (adjustment date 3/31/31) discount was on it my 2 year guarantee has not ended then they took $13.21 off on my TV, $10.81 off on internet and charged me $3.00 for wire maintenance. So Charter did just what you said and customers won't have a say in matter.
thewayitis

thewayitis

Edit: Bait and switch