spc
Search similar:

uniqs
kcrudup
join:2001-05-04
Lake Forest, CA

kcrudup

SB6120 constantly rebooting after Cox system upg last night

I hope someone from Cox advanced Tech Support sees this! I have a Moto SB6120 in Orange County CA (92606). Last night Cox did some system maintenance (confirmed by L1 Tech Support) and since then my modem's constantly rebooting. I'm on the Ultimate (100D/50U Mbit/sec) tier and it's been working flawlessly since installation two years ago.

It comes up fine, I get 4 Downstream channels and 3 Upstream channels (as usual) and with what are my typical power levels and SNR values:

»db.tt/0raEAJMR

... but about 15-30 seconds after the modem's fully booted (all lights on solidly), it reboots. Before it reboots everything is perfect, I get my advertised speeds and connectivity is just as it was before last night's maintenance.

The logs say "Cable Modem Reboot due to partial service" and I think they're being triggered by those "MDD Lost" issues going on.

Calling tech support was pretty useless, having me go thru the same reboot/reset stuff I'd already done and they're out of ideas so they think a truck roll is necessary (yet nothing has changed on this end that a roll could fix).

I think they've omitted or mis-configured some parameter somewhere (as a consequence of the maintenance last night?) and the lack of it has my 6120 thinking that it's not fully configured and causing it to reboot.

If a Cox Tech PMs me, I'll give you my MAC address and other IDing information. I have screenshots for the "Logs" (which I just took down 'cause my MAC was in there) "Configuration" and "Addresses" pages, too.

PLEASE HELP!

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

Note sure whats causing is, but I found a definition of the main symptom.

"A modem is in a partial service mode of operation any time it is operating with a subset of the channels in the Receive Channel Set (RCS) and/or Transmit Channel Set (TCS) because a channel has become unusable, either due to an inability to acquire a channel or because communication on a channel was lost during normal operation."

»volpefirm.com/docsis-3-0 ··· service/

I would check all your connections (splitters, couplers, etc) and then do a factory reset of your modem. See instructions below.

»arrisi.force.com/consume ··· dArticle
kcrudup
Lake Forest, CA

kcrudup

I've reset it already, literally nothing has changed on this end, and if you look at my screenshot you'll see my levels are fine.

The only thing that's changed between last night and now is Cox had an outage (since resolved, according to TS) for maintenance last night.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to kcrudup

Premium Member

to kcrudup
im pretty sure the upload is 20mbps, not 50mbps
kcrudup
Lake Forest, CA

kcrudup

Hmmm ... yeah, I guess so: »www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 10935500

kcrudup

kcrudup

... well, looks like after yet another last-ditch reset, I seem to be up (for now, at least) so I guess they've done "something" over at Cox.

If I'm still up in the am, I'll cancel the truck roll.