DownTheShore
Pray for Ukraine
Premium Member
join:2003-12-02
Beautiful NJ

DownTheShore to hoarybat

Premium Member

to hoarybat

Re: Router made me Sick need new one welcome suggestions.

Out of curiosity, what were your symptoms?
hoarybat
join:2009-05-17
Ayer, MA

hoarybat

The ones I had herein and insomnia as well. I will ignore the sarcasm posted in the replies.

robbin
Mod
join:2000-09-21
Leander, TX

1 recommendation

robbin

Mod

This isn't being sarcastic but if you are actually getting sick from a wireless router then why are you even considering having one in the house at all? Install a wired network and eliminate the wireless one.
hoarybat
Ayer, MA

hoarybat

Wifey cant live without wifi as she uses tablets and laptops I need my own place it seems.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

1 recommendation

CylonRed to hoarybat

MVM

to hoarybat
Not sarcasm - skepticism - 2 completely different things and the latter is VERY healthy...
ScrawnyB
join:2004-05-18
Mechanicsburg, PA

ScrawnyB to hoarybat

to hoarybat
Ignoring all the posts before and focusing on your "situation", my suggestion is that you get one or more routers or access points that are capable of running DD-WRT or another firmware where you can control output power. By getting these and strategically locating them in certain areas where your wife most commonly uses them might be able to help cut back your exposure some and provide enough signal for her to continue using Wi-Fi at an acceptable level. The variable output power here can be a key factor in reducing levels of exposure.
hoarybat
Ayer, MA

hoarybat

Sounds good. I will look into the cheapest or best value router which supports it.
Expand your moderator at work

TheTechGuru
join:2004-03-25
TEXAS

1 edit

TheTechGuru to hoarybat

to hoarybat

Re: Router made me Sick need new one welcome suggestions.

said by hoarybat:

Wifey cant live without wifi as she uses tablets and laptops I need my own place it seems.

Tablets you're screwed, but Laptops have LAN jacks, I use my laptop on wired LAN even in my recliner with a 20ft CAT5e cable for the speed.

Maybe get a single channel single transmitter 802.11g access point (not a router) for her tablet that you can locate to the area she uses it most and she can turn it on only when she needs it instead of using a N router that has 2 or 3 transmitters in it always running.

Also, if you put your current router into G mode only that should turn off the extra transmitters leaving only one of them on which might help.

In the meantime, (I am being serious) you can make a tin foil hat, it will block the signals.
LittleBill
join:2013-05-24

LittleBill

said by TheTechGuru See Profile
In the meantime, (I am being serious) you can make a tin foil hat, it will block the signals.

yes once constructed please take a picture so we can confirm the construction was done correctly