uniqs

Bump
join:2001-09-09
Chambersburg, PA
Netgear CM1200
Asus RT-AX86

Bump

[Speed] Business class getting upgraded, too

Is the business class internet getting the free bump in speed?

or just the Residential Internet.

I do see that in my area website for residential internet speed changed to

Performance is 25 ( 50 mbps is gone )
Blast to 105 then to
Extreme 150 is 150

If so, anyone on here got the business upgrade ?

train_wreck
slow this bird down
join:2013-10-04
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

[Speed] Re: Business class getting upgraded, too

not sure if you're in my division, but i'm on BCI and have not received any sort of automatic upgrade whatsoever. though on the price list on the »business.comcast.com website, a new 150/20 tier appeared ~1 month ago or so.

Bump
Chambersburg, PA

Bump

Yea, i see that 150 level.

But, it also has the 16/3 level .
They told me that 16/3 level was being phased out and can not be bought.

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN

train_wreck

interesting, i just signed up for new BCI service about a week ago at a new location, and it is the 16/3 tier. idk...

NetFixer
From My Cold Dead Hands
Premium Member
join:2004-06-24
The Boro
Netgear CM500
Pace 5268AC
TRENDnet TEW-829DRU

NetFixer

Premium Member

said by train_wreck:

interesting, i just signed up for new BCI service about a week ago at a new location, and it is the 16/3 tier. idk...

And my 16/3 tier just did an automatic contract renewal last month. However, the OP's franchise may indeed be handling things differently (as is the case with almost every product/service that Comcast offers).

train_wreck
slow this bird down
Antioch, TN
Cisco ASA 5506
Cisco DPC3939

train_wreck

said by NetFixer:

However, the OP's franchise may indeed be handling things differently (as is the case with almost every product/service that Comcast offers).

yes indeed, witness the varying definitions of "Performance", "Blast", and "Extreme" speed tiers in different parts of the country, and their accompanying prices. Even on BCI.

Bump
Chambersburg, PA
Netgear CM1200
Asus RT-AX86

1 edit

Bump

Click for full size
I signed up like 2 weeks ago.

They told me on the phone that it was not available ( 16/3 ). Also the tech who came out to hook it up. Looked at me when i said i wanted 16/3 .

He said the starter level is 22/5. It is also in the welcome to comcast book they gave me.

But, they are not installing any more 22/5 level anymore .

the copy right on the back has 2014
(BC BTS-IMS UG 01.14 )
Thordrune
Premium Member
join:2005-08-03
Lakeport, CA

Thordrune

Premium Member

Roughly around that time was when I dropped from 75/15 to 16/3. The phone rep tried to provision my modem to 27/7, but it only held that for a couple of days. My modem was rebooted remotely and dropped to 16/3, which is what it's still at.

Maybe it's a regional thing. Residential and business tier changes tend to happen at different times as well.

iNick
Premium Member
join:2012-12-11
Joliet, IL

2 edits

iNick to Bump

Premium Member

to Bump
said by Bump:

I signed up like 2 weeks ago.

They told me on the phone that it was not available ( 16/3 ). Also the tech who came out to hook it up. Looked at me when i said i wanted 16/3 .

He said the starter level is 22/5. It is also in the welcome to comcast book they gave me.

But, they are not installing any more 22/5 level anymore .

the copy right on the back has 2014
(BC BTS-IMS UG 01.14 )

when Comcast brings back Caps then I have to switch and it will be sad because I have extreme 105 and to get something similar will be a huge price increase or go to 16/3 which will not even be good enough for me at all. LOL. »www.dropbox.com/s/tu5sc2 ··· 6.00.png