uniqs

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

best buy trade in of iPad

I got an email that Best Buy is offering up to $300 to trade in gently used devices like an iPad. I have an iPad 2 and it is in very good condition. However, when I go online to check out what the trade in value is, it doesn't show anything. I believe it says I need to contact trade in support.
What does Best Buy give for an iPad 2nd Generation with AT&T 16 gig? If they give $150.00, I can get a $150 gift card and buy an iPad Air with it at Best Buy?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

Why don't you contact trade-in support? They would have answered your questions in the time it took you to post, most likely?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

2 recommendations

haroldo to obeythelaw

to obeythelaw
99% of the time, you can easily do better on eBay.
There's no way they're going to give you a 'great deal'

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy to obeythelaw

Premium Member

to obeythelaw
They don't give you best value. You're better off, as haroldo See Profile said, eBay.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to obeythelaw

MVM

to obeythelaw
I agree,....

I have a 3rd gen iPad 16GB WiFi only version that I'm not using and its in perfect condition. I looked around a few places like Amazon buyback, Gazelle and so on. Not one of them were really worth the effort IMO. I'd rather keep it or give it to a family member then unload it for pocket lint.

Amazon does have an option like eBay where you can sell it as a seller. That was the only option that seemed half way worth it besides eBay. There are people that abuse this option though. For example, people will list there stuff as good or excellent condition and then go on to list what's wrong with it,....effectively just wasting a buyers time.

obeythelaw
Premium Member
join:2003-04-16
Warren, NJ

obeythelaw

Premium Member

I contacted the trade in support and they said I would get $155.00. I haven't checked what ebay is selling. Could I really get about $200 or so on ebay?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

Many/most sold for far more
»www.ebay.com/sch/i.html? ··· =1&rt=nc