Search similar:

uniqs
ender8401
join:2014-04-06
Des Moines, IA

ender8401

[IA] Mediacom Modem/Wifi keeps losing sync

Hello,

I've called into Mediacom several times regarding this problem. The last tech that came to my home literally just shrugged his shoulders and said "I don't know" replaced my modem and left.

The problem is the modem keeps losing sync and going off-line. This tends to happen any time I try to stream any media. Tonight my son wants to watch the wrestling pay per view and that can't happen because the modem won't stay up for more than ten minutes without needing to be reset.

The techs that have come out have said the signal levels are fine, and slow speeds are expected during peak hours. Which I could understand if those speeds were not under 2 mbps. I'm kind of at my wits end trying to get this issue corrected. They won't let me cancel service to to my contract with the company. However, I'm not getting what I signed up for.

Terrible speeds, modem losing sync...

No credit for service, terrible support. Really regretting not going with Centurylink...

Any ideas anyone can think of to fix this would be great, Thanks all.
CR_Client
join:2005-02-04
Cedar Rapids, IA

CR_Client

What router are you using?

When I replaced my modem a month or so ago with a SB6141, it wouldn't play nice with my router, and refused to stay connected unless I connected directly to the modem (which makes WiFi a bit difficult). Switched to a Zoom modem and the issues went away and have been rock-solid ever since.

It seems that some routers don't play nice with some modems.

Have you tried without a router in the mix?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to ender8401

Premium Member

to ender8401
ender8401, I can understand your frustration with the issues you are having. I will be happy to look into this if you would like. Feel free to send me an IM with your account or phone number, as well as the MAC address of the modem you are using.