All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

[X1-X2] DVR's Live TV Buffer, Lost When Switching Channels?

We are new to XFinity, but have had DTV, Dish and FIOS. On those 3 if we are watching live TV and change the channel we could always swap/switch back to the previous channel and the buffer that was built up remains. I even remember on Dish I could pause one and when I returned to that tuner it was still paused. I have not figured out how this can be done with the X1, it has all these tuners but I can't swap between a couple of them and have the buffer remain. Any ideas, or is it not possible?

andyross
MVM
join:2003-05-04
Aurora, IL

andyross

MVM

I believe X1 boxes have 6 tuners, but it seems one is dedicated for live, and the other 4 for recording. The 6th doesn't seem to be used for now. I guess Comcast assumes that if you don't want to directly watch something, you need to record it.

At least with the older iGuide, you could use SWAP to flip between the two tuners, and preserve any buffering.
djoropallo
join:2003-10-20
Maple Shade, NJ

djoropallo

That makes sense, I couldn't figure out why I can record 4 and watch 1 live but couldn't record 5. And only having 1 active for live TV makes sense (not used to it), just have to hit the record button. Sucked yesterday, my Father in Law called asking about a channel so I switched over to it and told him what I saw, then flipped back to 60 Minutes and my wife tried to rewind to see the beginning of the story and the buffer was gone.