spc
Search similar:

uniqs

jerg
join:2003-01-23
Sparkill, NY

jerg to Slurpee

to Slurpee

Re: Promo rate has ended, Time to renegotiate or leave OOL?

Billing rep told me that I have had a promotion for three years and that's it. I even spoke to retention, they said the same thing, no new promotions available for me, and didn't give a rat's azz when I said Verizon keeps sending me deals for less than half the price of what they want. So now I have the task of changing all my optonline email addresses for various sites and accounts for the last 25 years over to gmail accounts. Lucky me. Optimum doesn't care about longtime customers, just raising rates for lower service levels. Verizon here I come.

Boooost
@24.190.184.x

Boooost

Anon

You don't have to switch. You can stay with CV and pay the same rates as the rest of us. I pay $168/month for TV+OOL.
jrehm
join:2002-04-28
Wappingers Falls, NY

jrehm to Slurpee

to Slurpee
I'm dumping Optimum for a few reasons, but primarily because their DVR + sucks and they are unwilling to adequately compensate for the ongoing frustration. They make very few apologies for the service that they themselves know has problems. In fact, I'm working on taking my complaints to the state and then fed level because I believe Optimum has been dishonest in their marketing of the DVR + product.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Have you tried contacting the BBB?

Jmartz0
join:2000-07-20
Tenafly, NJ

Jmartz0

I didn't have to negotiate at all. My promo was expiring in April. I got a letter in March saying that my promotion was automatically being extended for another year.

Maybe they like me?
cowbawx
join:2002-03-04
Lawrence, NY

cowbawx

I got one too. From what I understand, after this promo, you get NONE. Just regular rates... but policies change frequently, so you could try calling disconnect at the end of your promo. If you didn't already, call disconnect and tell them you want Showtime stars and encore free for the rest of the year, and Ultra 50 service. They should add that for free.
cowbawx

cowbawx to jrehm

to jrehm
Go get a SILVER Scientific Atlanta box from the walk in center. They have better boxes (usually) than the techs have in their trucks, and they are ACTUAL DVR's. They have a hard drive in them. So you can rewind and everything is local to your box, not remote through them. You may encounter some issues here and there as they are all refurbished... but you can always replace it.
said by jrehm:

I'm dumping Optimum for a few reasons, but primarily because their DVR + sucks and they are unwilling to adequately compensate for the ongoing frustration. They make very few apologies for the service that they themselves know has problems. In fact, I'm working on taking my complaints to the state and then fed level because I believe Optimum has been dishonest in their marketing of the DVR + product.

cowbawx

cowbawx to Boooost

to Boooost
Ouch. I'm paying almost 135 a month for all three! Sounds like you should get Optimum Voice.
said by Boooost :

You don't have to switch. You can stay with CV and pay the same rates as the rest of us. I pay $168/month for TV+OOL.

cowbawx

cowbawx to jerg

to jerg
Dolan announced he is done playing the back and forth game with Verizon. I'd stick to Cablevision if I were you. I am, despite Verizon offering me a lower rate... whose to say I get it after 30 days? I KNOW the way cablevision works. It's in the tri-state area, privately owned. Verizon - not. You're taking a risk by not switching. Although, I believe you have until December, if your house is not already wired with a fiber/coax box. They are no longer doing installed starting in 2015, so I hear. They are only going to be supporting the service to whomever has it.
cowbawx

cowbawx to ppal198105

to ppal198105
You'll never get FIOS. Doubt it. See my posts below.
cowbawx

cowbawx to T0ny

to T0ny
I called Fios tech support before ordering. Their router is sh*t compared to Optimum's Dlink DIR-868L. Google it.

AND I believe you don't need to buy THEIR router, you can buy ANY router. But I could be wrong.
said by T0ny :

I got the $29.99 promo, speed is only 15/5 but it's a solid 15/5, meaning it's always 15/5 and higher, Optimum at peak times would be finicky, the only thing I don't like is you have to rent or buy a router it's required even if you have a single connection and no use for wireless, I bought the router, I still come out ahead, I was paying $64.99 a month for Optimum 50/25, after I'm done I can sell the router on eBay, they are going like hotcakes, Verizon also has a double play TV/internet for $49.99, triple play is only $59.99, if FIOS is available to you, you have to switch, makes no sense paying more, even Optimum CSRs agree.

cowbawx

cowbawx to doctorman

to doctorman
LOL that wont work unless they see you canceled and want you back. On the other hand, you could use another person's name in the house who hasn't had a Cablevision account... but that would be dishonest.
said by doctorman:

just called OOL and the CS said the have the 30$ promo for new customers..
I guess I just have to DC service and apply for new service

cowbawx

cowbawx to limegrass69

to limegrass69
See my post above about FiOS installations.
said by limegrass69:

Maybe you can get DSL/FiOS where you live. I'm sure Verizon has a nice promo on that for new customers, then you can come back to Cablevision when that promo runs out.

cowbawx

cowbawx to champs18

to champs18
Eh, both wrong. Go through the automated system. Works better than "asking to be transferred"
said by champs18:

Incorrect. Ask for the disconnect dep't.

cvoytek
join:2001-04-26
Fairfield, CT

cvoytek to Slurpee

to Slurpee
My Optimum bill spiked to $220 for 4 tv's and I tried to negotiate, reduce services and it just went higher and higher. I'm about 3 weeks into Uverse and pretty happy so far. Saving somewhere between 40-60 per month for way more channels but slightly lower speed internet. Phone is same...