MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to guppy_fish

MVM

to guppy_fish

Re: Identify a manufacturer home vs a standard construction home

said by guppy_fish:

The easiest was to tell is the foundation, there are steel frames which never get removed on manufactured, modular there is none.

I know what a trailer or mobile home is. There was NEVER any question about that - they aren't look at anything of this sort.

My topic should have been "Identify a modular home vs a standard construction home".

There seems to be companies who still call "modular" homes "manufactured" homes...

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish

Premium Member

said by Hall:

There seems to be companies who still call "modular" homes "manufactured" homes...

Really? I doubt that as there completely different things. What manufactures would do that as you point out, manufactured can't get conventional financing.

Now listing or selling real estate sales might, but not the manufacture of the home in question.
said by Hall:

My daughter and her husband are looking for their first home and some banks won't do mortgages on "manufactured homes" (I don't mean a glorified mobile home either). I'm not looking for a debate on the positive or negative aspects of a manufactured home vs a standard construction one either...

And we and answered the question, if your family is looking at manufactured, its not modular. Look at the foundation and tax rolls if there is ever a doubt. Manufactured IS glorified mobile home, just the name changed in 1976 thanks to U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, there is no grey area here.