Search similar:

uniqs

dabonz7
join:2012-05-17
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

Question On E-mail

Hi,

Sorry Again posted Is anyone having problems with delay e-mails I got and email sent to me at 8:22pm and then got at 9:30pm and now I have a requested a password reset for a server install and I still haven't received it, I have Stupid rogers and they said well what do you want us to do about it. I told them fix it so it it will take 1-3 days to pass it through the engineers LoL this is not normal for a time delay like this for emails ???

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Yea, this has been going on for a while. I've noticed a 12 hour delay in some Rogers delivered mail. My solution: Use GMail whenever possible. Rogers is a pain.

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

mozerd to dabonz7

MVM

to dabonz7
I do not have any delay issues with emails. I have many clients in Ottawa and all on Rogers do not complain of any delayed email issues.

GroovyPhoenx
Premium Member
join:2006-05-22
Gloucester, ON

GroovyPhoenx to dabonz7

Premium Member

to dabonz7
Mail delays do happen, but I get them rarely, more anoying is the "enter password" prompts when your Outlook is configured properly and doesn't validate, that occurs more often then delays.

Overall Rogers/Yaboo is semi reliable when it comes to getting my mail to me.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

Try using Mozilla Thunderbird. Once you switch you'll never use anything else guaranteed..............

dabonz7
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

well I just changed my emails important stuff to my Hotmail Account can't afford to wait for emails from Rogers who running IT at rogers Clowns

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

It's not Rogers ... it's Yahoo! who are running the email servers.

Yahoo! recently implemented DMARC for spam prevention and it's been causing all MANNER of problems getting mail to any Yahoo! hosted email service. The process has been misidentifying and bouncing all kinds of mail. It has been worst for mailing lists where the SMTP server sending the mail doesn't match the ISP in the From: line.

As a result lots of mail is either not getting through or getting very delayed through Yahoo!'s DMARC authentication process.

Other companies like Outlook and GMail have implemented it, but with more leniancy than Yahoo!

dabonz7
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

Yes Someone sent me and email on a rental quote yesterday and I still haven't gotten it back I have to call him to send it to my hotmail account i'm just so used of using my proper email thats a good info sbrook but someting has to be done about this

a_large_rock
join:2003-08-02
L6H0H3

a_large_rock to elitefx

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

Try using Mozilla Thunderbird. Once you switch you'll never use anything else guaranteed..............

The authentication errors happen with Thunderbird as well. It just gives a different message.

The problem is server end and started when they switched ports and started requiring ssl connections.

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

Rogers Server Settings that run issue free:

pop.broadband.rogers.com
smtp.broadband.rogers.com

dabonz7
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

already did that,still issues

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

Install a fresh copy of Thunderbird and use those settings. I'm using TBird right now. No issues period..........

dabonz7
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

yeah just did looks good trying ti import my e-mail address,but its says make my outlook default which it is

elitefx
London, ON

elitefx

You want TBird as the default client. Ignore Outlook completely.

dabonz7
Ottawa, ON

dabonz7

yeah but trying to import my emails from outlook 2013 to my tbird
dabonz7

dabonz7

might not work with 2013 for import but yes the tbird looks good have to play with it I have herd of it before anything my mozzila is good