All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
dslhelp50
join:2012-02-21

dslhelp50

WTH? Is going on with my speeds?

OK I got uverse about a week ago and was averaging 8mbps down and 1.5mbps up. Now I'm gettin anywhere between 1mbps to 4mbps up and .4 to 1.2 mbps up with a bunch of jitter and really bad pings (150+)

What's going on?

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

Post your account number and this information overran the AT&T Direct forum and one of the level II technicians there will look at your line signals etc. for you. You probably will need a truck roll to correct the problem.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel to dslhelp50

to dslhelp50
Might be the thaw. Such a bad winter, people are expecting big issues with the thaw.
dslhelp50

dslhelp50

If they send a tech will they charge me for it?

Well my speed is even worse now, I'm barley even getting 1mbps down.
qlearner
join:2010-02-26
Bloomfield Hills, MI

qlearner to dslhelp50

to dslhelp50
If the issue is with the outside line, you won't be charged. If the issue is with the inside wiring, officially, you will be charged for the service.

I got some performance issue with my line, ATT tech visited my home several times. They checked my inline every time for every visit and didn't find any issue with it. They made some incremental improvement on the inside connection and didn't charge me. They adjusted the outside line and removed the tap. My estimated distance to the VRAD was reduced from 2900 ft down to 2100 ft. My dl rate increased from 17mbps up to 22 mbps out of a 25/2 profile.

You should request for assistance on the ATT-Direct forum. You need to collect all the stats from your RG and post it on that forum.
dslhelp50

dslhelp50

My trace route is 2500ft. The tech who in stalled it was really cool and I was getting 7.5+ consistently but when the weather changed I started getting 1mps. Now that it's warm I'm getting about 7mps but only when I test it with certain close locations. Anything outside of IL or WI I'm getting anywhere from 3 to 5 mps.

The only reason I have been avoiding calling them is because I'm suppose to only get 6mps and I have the feeling they would throttle my speed to 5mps or less but these unstable amounts make me wonder if even getting 5mps or less would be better than getting the 3 to 8 mps toss up I'm getting now.
Paralel
join:2011-03-24
Michigan, US

Paralel

I would call. A change in behavior related to weather/temperature is usually a sign of a metallic fault on your line.