spc
Search similar:

uniqs

KierstenA
@suddenlink.net

KierstenA

Anon

usage meter off by more than several GBs per day

I am confused about how the Suddenlink usage meter works.

In the last two months, I kept a pretty close eye on it. However, it always seems to be wrong.
It always seems to be off by more than several GBs per day. It can be anywhere from 2 to 9
GBs either way. Example from last 7 days.

4/1 2.1GB (actualy usage 7GB+)
4/2 8.4GB (actualy usage 18GB+)
4/3 3.2GB (actualy usage 4GB+)
4/4 9.5GB (actualy usage 11GB+)
4/5 12.2GB (actualy usage LESS than 1GB)
4/6 3.6GB (actualy usage 11GB+)
4/7 11.3GB (actualy usage 15GB+)

It never occurred to me to "complain" because at the end of billing cycle, it ended up showing less than what I actually used. However, what if it's wrong the next month and record MORE than what I actually used?

My modem is directly connected to my PC. There's no router in-between.

gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

First, what are you using to measure your usage?

Second, when do you reset it for the day? Does it match when SL resets? Take into account timezones.

Third, more than a few people have said the meter doesn't measure their useage correctly.

Forth, there is not a darn thing that can be done about it. There is no regulation, and no one is going to make them stop using meters, if it works right or not.

Fifth, I know, it sucks.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

Gator basically hit all the points there. You can attempt to complain about it, but be prepared for resistance. Especially since they just spent money not to long ago having their meter 'tested' by an outside contractor. As a couple others have done, it'll likely turn into a multi-month escapade for you. SL, and all other isp really, are just hoping that everyone roles over and accepts the caps and meters.

SL literally doesn't have to answer to it's customers about it's meter because of the regulations. They have it wrote up that personal meters aren't referenced by them at all.
Jowmu
join:2009-05-04
Lubbock, TX

1 edit

Jowmu to KierstenA

to KierstenA
who is to say the SL meter is off.. perhaps it's yours...
just sayin'....

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA

moldypickle

Premium Member

That's basically what SL will say, lol