uniqs

AppleGuy
Premium Member
join:2013-09-08
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

[iPad] Recommendation request.

I need a good OCR to PDF app for my iPad. I don't mind paying, just wondering what success, if anyway, people have had. So basically, it needs to scan a print-out and save as a editable Adobe PDF (editable as in underlining, highlighting, etc).

Thanks.
rmmoody
join:2001-02-15
Leawood, KS

rmmoody

I was looking for this sort of thing a while back, but did not find exactly what I wanted. I wanted to scan & OCR receipts without any other features. Most of the apps that are listed don't do OCR, or the OCR is done in the cloud. That usually involves in app purchases, or a subscription. I would be interested in hearing what others have found.

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

I know there are online things. Just scan a sheet and use the OCR to arrange real letters, perhaps even headers, then allow export to PDF. Can't be that hard. Right? Maybe it is.

If I can't find one, we have this App creating company in Kitchener at the Google Hub and they can probably do something like that. If they feel it is worth while.

sfogliatelle
We Is Whut We Am
Premium Member
join:2002-05-29
Baton Rouge, LA

sfogliatelle

Premium Member

You might take a look at the very reasonably priced PDFPen Scan+ for iPad from Smile Software. »smilesoftware.com/PDFpen ··· dex.html

AppleGuy
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

AppleGuy

Premium Member

Thank-you. I did look around the App store and a lot of apps, but I'll try this one you sent me. I figure you get what you pay for, so $0.99 or $2.99 you might not get what you want. This one might do the trick.
resare
join:2012-11-07
Greenfield Park, QC

resare to AppleGuy

to AppleGuy
I use "Genius Scan". However, I only use it once in a while (not for work).