All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
tangje
join:2010-08-05

tangje

Transferring existing cable service - rental property

I live in a rental house that and currently have Cogeco cable internet in my name. I am moving out and would like to transfer to Start cable internet for the new tenants. The Start account would have to be in one of their names.

Can this transfer be done to avoid the $50 installation charge? Or do the new tenants have to have a separate install done rather than a transfer?

Thanks.

Start Sam
join:2014-01-21
London, ON

Start Sam

Generally speaking, transfers need to be on the same account holder from the previous account to the account with the cable vendor.

That said, I'll investigate to see what can be done in this situation.
tangje

tangje

Thanks Sam. I look forward to what you find out.

One thought I had is that perhaps I could transfer to Start in both my name and the new tenant's name? That way there is continuity between the Cogeco account holder's name and the Start account?

Start Sam
London, ON

Start Sam

Spoke to someone our provisioning team and it will be OK to transfer your Cogeco service in your name to use but have it in your tenant's name.

We only require your full name to give to Cogeco so we can note that you're the original account holder.

This method would be simpler than changing account names afterward.
tangje

tangje

That's great. Thanks for looking into this Sam, I appreciate your help.

Start Sam
London, ON

Start Sam

You're welcome, let me know if there's anything I can answer to better facilitate the transfer.