Search similar:

uniqs

okapi
@optonline.net

okapi

Anon

[FireFox] Can This Be Done?

Novice here.

Can I backup only specific Favorites/Bookmarks folders (not all Bookmarks) to move to another pc?

If so, How do I do this?

Thanks

chachazz
Premium Member
join:2003-12-14

chachazz

Premium Member

Export the bookmarks to an HTML file and edit that file to remove unwanted bookmarks. Restore as needed.

Note: Difference between restoring and importing bookmarks
»kb.mozillazine.org/Backi ··· _Firefox

okapi
@optonline.net

okapi

Anon

Thanks
okapi

okapi

Anon

ok, a few questions

1) when I export bookmarks to HTML, it does not include Bookmark Folder on Toolbar. How do I include this?

2) before I import to another pc ( only want a few folders), do I change html to a txt & delete what's not wanted & then revert back to html?

3)then on 2nd pc, just IMPORT and it will be added to bookmarks?

4) what if there are dupe folders?

5) found that after I import, the data on the original export file is gone, wierd

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY

Racerbob

Premium Member

Just go and get Mozilla Backup and then you can selectively back up and restore everything. Mozilla Backup has been my friend for years.

okapi
@optonline.net

okapi

Anon

Thanks.

Tried Mozbackup but no ability to select specific favorite folders & saves as pcv file.
Trying primarily to answer my questions 1 & 2

hortnut
Huh?
join:2005-09-25
PDX Metro

hortnut

Consider Febe, I have been using it for years and used to to move settings over to new machines.
»addons.mozilla.org/en-US ··· /?src=ss

In options select backup bookmarks .html

I do a selective and full backup.
Curiosity
join:2001-10-01
Dawson Creek, BC

Curiosity to okapi

to okapi
said by okapi :

ok, a few questions

1) when I export bookmarks to HTML, it does not include Bookmark Folder on Toolbar. How do I include this?

The bookmarks toolbar items are included, but at the end of the .html file, not at the beginning.

Racerbob
Premium Member
join:2001-06-24
Webster, NY
·Frontier FiberOp..

Racerbob

Premium Member

said by Curiosity:

said by okapi :

ok, a few questions

The bookmarks toolbar items are included, but at the end of the .html file, not at the beginning.

Correct. I came here this morning to post this exact information.