Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Nightfall

Premium Member

to Nightfall

Re: [Price] A little OUTRAGED ! Extreme 105 NOW Requires Rented Modem

said by Nightfall:

said by DarkLogix:

said by Nightfall:

The other part is the router. The comcast rep asked me about my router and I told him that it could handle the extra speed.

I would do the same

I doubt most CSR's have even heard of a Cisco 3845

I agree

The rep that asked me probably knows most consumer routers. At the same time they aren't experts which is why they are asking about the speeds of the routers that we have when we sign up for Blast or above.

I am sure that some uninformed consumers get upset when they just say "Yes, Yes, Yes" on the phone when the CSR is asking these questions, but then they don't get the faster speeds because their equipment is not up to snuff. This isn't Comcast's fault though, but it will be in the eyes of the consumer.

If I were at Comcast in a role of authority then I'd have someone build a DB based on data from smallnetbuilder, so the CSR would put in the make, model, revision number and the DB would know

of course also add an option of declined, if declined is picked then when/if the person calls to say they aren't getting the speed a recheck would be requested.

Nightfall
My Goal Is To Deny Yours
MVM
join:2001-08-03
Grand Rapids, MI

Nightfall

MVM

said by DarkLogix:

If I were at Comcast in a role of authority then I'd have someone build a DB based on data from smallnetbuilder, so the CSR would put in the make, model, revision number and the DB would know

of course also add an option of declined, if declined is picked then when/if the person calls to say they aren't getting the speed a recheck would be requested.

I agree, but that still won't eliminate the problem with uninformed customers thinking their equipment is fine. Many people already consider the CSRs at Comcast to be horrible (myself included). When I encounter a CSR that knows his stuff, I am the first to leave their manager a high review.

Still, your approach does eliminate some of the potential issues. It was great to talk to the rep that I talked to. He was really knowledgeable on routers.