spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

[Connectivity] Internet down. Called Comcast and told outage for all?

My Internet suddenly went down or more specifically my router couldn't renew it's IP address. My SB6141 modem appeared locked, but I reboot it anyway and now it's getting stuck at the "online" stage where it's not getting a response to DHCP queries. I also lost channel bonding, so it's getting 1 upstream and 1 downstream instead of 3 and 8 respectively. I tried an older D2 modem and it wouldn't lock either.

I called Comcast and after 25 minutes I spoke to someone (sounded like in India) and was told Comcast's network is having a major outage and everyone has lost Internet and some TV channels. That sounded like a BS answer since if that was happening Twitter would blow up and it hasn't and there would be tons of posts here and there aren't. Comcast's outage page shows everything is connected for my account, but something is obviously wrong.

I had a total outage last night for about an hour, but I don't think this is related.

I'm assuming this isn't widespread?

Any idea why the modem would lock (without bonding), but DHCP would fail?
ExoticFish
join:2008-08-31
Zebulon, NC

ExoticFish

[Connectivity] Re: Internet down. Called Comcast and told outage for all?

No issues here in VA.
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to Morac

to Morac
Outage here outside of Philly (19428)

TV still works, Internet & phones doesn't

When i logged onto my account online thru my cell phone shows outage reported

Account shows it will be resolved by 11PM today

Morac
Cat god
Riverside, NJ

Morac to ExoticFish

to ExoticFish
Well Comcast's website is now showing "reported outage" for Internet and TV (though my TV is working) which is supposed to be fixed in 2 hours.

I'm seeing scattered tweets from neighboring towns reporting of outages, so I guess it's local. I wish Comcast "customer support" would get their facts straight before telling customers things. Of course if their outage map/page was accurate, it would cut down on the calls.

Streetlight
join:2005-11-07
Colorado Springs, CO

Streetlight to Morac

to Morac
In my area when there is a neighborhood or larger area outage calling Comcast results in a voice message about the outage. I always check both TV and Internet and if both are down then there's a big problem like a cut cable.
suggy2004
join:2004-01-07
Conshohocken, PA

suggy2004 to Morac

to Morac
Internet / Phone back online ~ 8:25PM

Speeds doubled i am testing 121 Down / 12 up

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 2838.png

Morac
Cat god
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by suggy2004:

Internet / Phone back online ~ 8:25PM

Speeds doubled i am testing 121 Down / 12 up

»www.speedtest.net/result ··· 2838.png

I didn't check on a PC after the Internet came back, but my iPhone got 73 Mpbs down on a WiFi speed test, so it's possible my speeds were increased as well.

»www.speedtest.net/my-res ··· 16966114

SoJersySteve
join:2013-07-25
Mount Laurel, NJ

SoJersySteve to Morac

to Morac

Re: [Connectivity] Internet down. Called Comcast and told outage for all?

NJ Region (Garden State Cable) was down Wednesday for almost 2 hours! Just went down again about 6 pm and came back up again short time ago. I called on cell phone and after 10 minutes of pressing buttons for all the automated prompts to finally get a live person, found out DURING conversation that system issue again, techs dispatched. I called 1 hour later when phone up but no HSI, only to get another tech in another offshore Call Center who didn't know anything about my previous call. I just shut off my two computers and waited. Up now but this proves CC earned their Golden Poo Award this month!!!!!

Morac
Cat god
Riverside, NJ

1 edit

Morac

My TV and Internet have gone out every night around this time for the past 4 days. It's out again now.

Edit:

Called in and person from India blamed my equipment and hung up on me. I checked with my neighbors. What do you know they are out too. Used chat and was told there is "emergency maintenance" going on. Really? Emergency Maintenance every night during prime time for the last 4 days?

Service came back up at 10 PM and went back down at 12:30 AM. Currently Comcast web page showing a TV outage, but says Internet is up, which it isn't.