Search similar:

uniqs
morisato
join:2008-03-16
Oshawa, ON

2 edits

morisato

Rogers New Speed tiers?

These Appear new enough i did not find any posts on the rogers forum or its 3am and i missed them Looking forward to hearing any info on teksavvys end on what these translate to and if its coming to us all ?

10/1
30/5
60/10
150/15
250/20

Very Interesting Tiers Looks Like to me

6/512 becomes 10/1
25/2 becomes 30/5
35 And 45 become 60/10
150/10 Becomes 150/15 - Woot!
250/20 stays the same

This is My guess. The 60/10 Service Looks like a Nice Sweet Spot p:) also all new Large Friendly Useage its really weird.. but i guess rogers does like to do Bi Annually price raises so it won;t matter.

Maxx2006
join:2013-02-02
Guelph, ON

Maxx2006

It will be great to see what we get from Teksavvy. For those people feeling extremely in need of speed and rich they offer also 350 / 350 which is from their website.
chipface
join:2011-07-13

chipface to morisato

to morisato
I'd be happy with 60/10. Just hope it's allowed on my SB6121.
20424689 (banned)
join:2014-04-08

20424689 (banned) to Maxx2006

to Maxx2006
said by Maxx2006:

It will be great to see what we get from Teksavvy. For those people feeling extremely in need of speed and rich they offer also 350 / 350 which is from their website.

yes but the 350 is on fiber and no TPIA provider is aloud to touch fiber yet if i am correct and the rules have no changed.

so for now the 350 is not possible even if TSI wanted to do it

the other speed bump ups do look nice tho

just wish shaw would bump the upload speed on 100/5 from the pathetic 5.5mbit i get now
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee to morisato

to morisato
looks like the tiers over 150mbps are all fibre required? or atleast you need the docsis 3.1 which teksavvy doesn't have/sell yet?

I wonder how much teksavvy can sell the 60/10 for
velocity7
join:2009-05-20

velocity7 to morisato

to morisato
Tell me more about this 60/10... I am interested...

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
Hey guys,

We have reached out to our vendor to getting official word on these packages.

Thanks,

Andre
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
If 35 and 45 become 60/10, I'm interested to know what happens to the $5 price difference.
TSI, Would people on 35 be bumped to 60 for the same price or pay the same as people on 45?

elitefx
join:2011-02-14
London, ON

elitefx

Well, be careful what you wish for. Rogers is going to lose a zillion customers if their cheapest internet tier (10/1) is almost $60/month taxes in. 10 years ago their 'Lite' tier was $29/month.

That's the problem with these speed boost increases. It's just another way to jack up prices while giving the consumer almost nothing in return. Increasing speeds costs Rogers nothing. Rogers just jacked up prices 2 weeks ago across ALL service packages and NOW they're HIDING ANOTHER huge price increase behind these new fu$king tiers.

It's time for the Feds to step in and mandate $30/month AFFORDABLE internet. There's a million folks out there that just flat out can't afford this shit.

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS to morisato

to morisato
They lowered the price on 250Mbps but took away half the usage. But for almost the same as the old price you can get unlimited.
TypeS

TypeS

said by mikee:

looks like the tiers over 150mbps are all fibre required? or atleast you need the docsis 3.1 which teksavvy doesn't have/sell yet?

No, all the tiers 250 and below are DOCSIS 3 coax, they've just changed to calling them "Hybrid Fibre". At least its a wee bit less deceptive than Bell's "Fibe".

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to chipface

Premium Member

to chipface
said by chipface:

It should be, Rogers has had 60/10 for business for a while, and they allowed the SMC modem which was 4x4 and the Cisco DPC3825 which was 8x4 bonding...

So if Rogers follows that, perhaps those with SB6120's (4x4) might be able to use it...
HiVolt

HiVolt

Premium Member

Man, I just looked at the prices.... $25 extra for unlimited... This really shows how brutal the TPIA CBB pricing is...

CNOC should file some kind of emergency CRTC petition...
BrianON
join:2011-09-30
Ottawa, ON

BrianON to elitefx

to elitefx
I had Rogers Ultralight for several years and they did the same thing - repeatedly upped the speed and price but reduced the usage. From unlimited all the way down to 2GB/month. The 64kbps -> 128kbps -> 256kbps -> 3Mbps -> 6Mbps speed increases were nice, the $1-$3 yearly price increases and usage reductions were not.

mikekay
Premium Member
join:2011-01-29
Kitchener, ON

mikekay to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
Might finally consider switching TIRED of waiting for BELL, will ditch my static ip and use my RDP with some nice upload...
koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW
join:2005-01-08
Etobicoke, ON

koreyb to morisato

to morisato
I have this feeling... because of the name of the packages is using "FIBER" ... they will try to avoid allowing the TPIA's to match speeds. The base prices are ridiculous but I do appreciate them trying to approach usage differently!

I'm still on my 3 free months, free modem, and 300 gig $45 dollars after plan, no contract plan with Rogers... After I move in 2 weeks my 30 day cancellation notice will be going in. There's pros and cons on both services, (Rogers and TPIA) but I rather help fund the change than fund the problem and would like to get cheaper cable tv (IPTV) so back to TPIA I go.

OttaGuy
@pppoe.ca

1 recommendation

OttaGuy to elitefx

Anon

to elitefx
said by elitefx:

That's the problem with these speed boost increases. It's just another way to jack up prices while giving the consumer almost nothing in return. Increasing speeds costs Rogers nothing. Rogers just jacked up prices 2 weeks ago across ALL service packages and NOW they're HIDING ANOTHER huge price increase behind these new fu$king tiers.

This is our tax to help pay for Rogers $5.2-billion multimedia rights agreement with the NHL.
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

Man, I just looked at the prices.... $25 extra for unlimited... This really shows how brutal the TPIA CBB pricing is...

But is Rogers' Unlimited "Unlimited" or "Unlimited * ** ***" ?

SimplePanda
BSD
Premium Member
join:2003-09-22
Montreal, QC

SimplePanda

Premium Member

said by InvalidError:

said by HiVolt:

But is Rogers' Unlimited "Unlimited" or "Unlimited * ** ***" ?

If you pay for the unlimited add-on with Rogers it's actually unlimited.
resa1983
Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
No Tariff Notice filed yet, nor cost study.
resa1983

resa1983

Premium Member

Diskace posted the Tariff Notice in the thread in Canadian Broadband.

Here's the updated spreadsheet:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· =sharing

Teddy Boom
k kudos Received
Premium Member
join:2007-01-29
Toronto, ON

Teddy Boom to morisato

Premium Member

to morisato
said by morisato:

10/1
30/5
60/10
150/15
250/20

Very interesting! 10/1, 30/5 and 60/10? Very very nice low medium and high speed choices. These numbers actually match consumer needs nicely, in my opinion, which is kind of new for cable. As people have been wondering though.. Is 10/1 going to be a truly budget choice (in the tariffs, or in Rogers pricing).

Is there a chance Rogers was factoring in these changes when the made the last tariff filing in the fall? Of course they knew by then, but did the TPIA side know what the consumer side was doing? Some signs point to yes, others to no...

Technologically, 1x1 modems are plenty for 10 down 1 up, and 4x4 modems are plenty for 60 down 10 up. That doesn't mean the bureaucracy will allow it.
Teddy Boom

Teddy Boom to resa1983

Premium Member

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

Diskace posted the Tariff Notice in the thread in Canadian Broadband.

Here's the updated spreadsheet:
»docs.google.com/spreadsh ··· =sharing

I see I'm behind the 8 ball again!!

resa1983, thanks for fixing that modem thing, could you add a column naming the various tiers so that people can more easily track the changes over time? Here's a good start at the data:
»Re: [Cable] rcable gonna upgrade the network?

Also, 25/1 was actually 24/1, I think.
Kokuei
join:2010-03-23

Kokuei to morisato

to morisato
OH REALLY? This would definitely fix my upload issue.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by chipface:

It should be, Rogers has had 60/10 for business for a while, and they allowed the SMC modem which was 4x4 and the Cisco DPC3825 which was 8x4 bonding...

So if Rogers follows that, perhaps those with SB6120's (4x4) might be able to use it...

60 and above will require a 24x8 modem.

oceros37
join:2013-07-20
St Thomas, ON

oceros37

said by yyzlhr:

As a new change? Cause 8x4 is approved for 150/10 currently

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to yyzlhr

Premium Member

to yyzlhr
said by yyzlhr:

For Rogers own customers, but not for TPIA, since 150/10 requires 8x4...

Rogers used to have 75/2 tier that they let 4x4 modems on. I don't see a problem with 60/10 on 4x4 modems.

MFido
Montreal
join:2012-10-19

MFido to morisato

to morisato
Marc, Andre,

Can you do this?

Take the exisiting 150M/10M - $23.32 and shape it down to whatever speed profiles you desire? (similar with what Peter is doing now)

Can you create whatever profiles you want with this? Is it permitted?

I do not see this 150/10 profile grandfathered for now
velocity7
join:2009-05-20

velocity7 to morisato

to morisato
I'm on 45/4 right now... I don't mind if there's no 60/10 ultimately, but a 40/10 or 45/10 would definitely be nice. Hell, even 30/10 would be okay.
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr to HiVolt

to HiVolt
said by HiVolt:

said by yyzlhr:

For Rogers own customers, but not for TPIA, since 150/10 requires 8x4...

Rogers used to have 75/2 tier that they let 4x4 modems on. I don't see a problem with 60/10 on 4x4 modems.

There is no technical issue. Just what Rogers wants for their own customers and will almost certainly carry over to TPIA.