gatorkram
Need for Speed
Premium Member
join:2002-07-22
Winterville, NC

gatorkram

Premium Member

Sigh

No one wants to come east of I-95 it seems.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym

Premium Member

Your best bet is going to be RST Fiber out of Shelby, NC.

F100
join:2013-01-15
Durham, NC
Alcatel-Lucent G-010G-A
(Software) pfSense
Pace 5268AC

F100

Right ke4pym. Funny thing is that Durham isn't serviced by AT&T. Verizon was actually the local carrier back when they were promising FIOS to everybody but sold the Durham city market to Frontier a few years ago when they unloaded a bunch of markets. Not sure if that is the whole county or just the city but most of the county is the city now.

So I don't know how they can say the Triangle when you are missing one of three sides. Guess they missed that Geography lesson. At&T talks in circles anyways.

Maybe that will at least encourage Google to move into this market to show AT&T how much better to do it. We'll have to see. So far, RST fiber is the closest I've seen to real network deployment (wired or wireless) and not just talk.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC
Westell 6100
Cisco PIX 501

cramer

Premium Member

It was the entire GTE footprint. They did actually run a huge amount of fiber. However, Frontier are too stupid to use it.

AT&T is just blowing more smoke. NCNGN is a powerless, meaningless bunch of blowhards. NCNGN isn't building anything, doesn't own anything, and has no means to get anyone to do anything at all. "Participation" is just BS ink on more BS paper. AT&T's "gigabit" network has yet to materialize anywhere.
kcdogg
join:2002-11-17
Anaheim, CA

kcdogg to gatorkram

to gatorkram
My girlfriend lives in Reidsville outside of town and no one, not AT&T or TWC, will make the necessary improvements so she can get cable or DSL.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss to cramer

Premium Member

to cramer

They may have not done a lot with it yet, but to say it hasn't yet materialized anywhere is a lie.

I think they will do it in places they have U-verse via FTTH.

I am still hoping RST makes it, though I am disappointed that Raleigh the city will not be getting it in 90 days due to the fact wake forest some how counts as Raleigh.
cramer
Premium Member
join:2007-04-10
Raleigh, NC

cramer

Premium Member

It. Is. A. Lie. 300 != 1000. "We'll upgrade it later", is not 1 gig, either.