spc
Search similar:

uniqs

popwarner
@cstel.com

popwarner

Anon

minimal strategy

Looks like At&t is going to only counter Google to the exact extent of Google's build out, or at least that's what it seems like so far. It gets them good press by doing the minimum necessary to compete. Other major ISPs are likely to, at most, follow in At&t's footsteps.

At this rate, Google will actually need to build out to the rest of the country before we actually see real change to infrastructure... Who knows when/if that will happen. Hopefully some critical mass will be reached and other ISP efforts will build into a self sustaining race to improve infrastructure... But I wouldn't want to bet on it.

why60loss
Premium Member
join:2012-09-20

why60loss

Premium Member

said by popwarner :

Looks like At&t is going to only counter Google to the exact extent of Google's build out, or at least that's what it seems like so far. It gets them good press by doing the minimum necessary to compete. Other major ISPs are likely to, at most, follow in At&t's footsteps.

At this rate, Google will actually need to build out to the rest of the country before we actually see real change to infrastructure... Who knows when/if that will happen. Hopefully some critical mass will be reached and other ISP efforts will build into a self sustaining race to improve infrastructure... But I wouldn't want to bet on it.

And time warner cable so far isn't even trying to match what AT&T's doing.

I agree they are aiming low so far, but TWC isn't even looking like they are going to try.