Premium Member
join:2008-03-10
North York, ON

resa1983 to confused123

Premium Member

to confused123

Re: New Rogers Internet Speeds

said by confused123 :

but, we can ask for new speeds our current provider? start? tsi? ebox? etc.
price will be different, of course, but, they must provide this or ? thanks

If your ISP is willing to provide it (ratio is horrible for 250/20 due to CBB rates). They don't have to provide the new speeds, but amany will.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

That's the red herring Ressy, if TPIA providers are paying CBB, who gives a flying F what the speeds are, it doesn't cost any more to "go fast" it's about how much data you consume at that speed (CBB).
resa1983
Premium Member
North York, ON

resa1983

Premium Member

If someone uses their 250/20 connection at full connection 24/7 for a month, it costs the TPIA provider ~$3500. They need to do a cost analysis.

And at that point, it's cheaper for the TPIA provider to tell you to take a hike to Rogers.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

I meant the filing of new tariffs. I fully understand costs and the TPIA providers have to figure out what costs are. (I dunno if I could find enough "content" to fill a 250 connection 24/7)

confused123
@start.ca

confused123 to resa1983

Anon

to resa1983
said by resa1983:

If someone uses their 250/20 connection at full connection 24/7 for a month, it costs the TPIA provider ~$3500. They need to do a cost analysis.

And at that point, it's cheaper for the TPIA provider to tell you to take a hike to Rogers.

how much it costs Rogers?

even their tier 150\15 which is very good in my opinion, and very well priced, is this truly unlimited with rogers? *for $25*
resa1983
Premium Member
North York, ON

resa1983 to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

I meant the filing of new tariffs. I fully understand costs and the TPIA providers have to figure out what costs are. (I dunno if I could find enough "content" to fill a 250 connection 24/7)

Ah yeah.
I bet Angelo could find a use for that connection.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by resa1983:

said by elwoodblues:

Ah yeah.
I bet Angelo could find a use for that connection.

He's working for Teksavvy, he's got the entire backbone to leech the Internet dry every day.
resa1983
Premium Member
North York, ON

1 recommendation

resa1983

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

He's working for Teksavvy, he's got the entire backbone to leech the Internet dry every day.

He's working elsewhere since Dec.