uniqs

your name
@comcast.net

your name to Morac

Anon

to Morac

Re: Speed boost doesn't equal faster downloads

said by Morac:

I've had the Blast Tier for a long time now and other than speed tests, I never see 50 Mbps downloads. Usually downloads max out at around 26 Mbps. This includes from content delivery networks like Limelight Networks and Akamai.

The boosted speeds really only help when downloading large files to multiple computers.

Or streaming video to multiple devices from different sources.
TBBroadband
join:2012-10-26
Fremont, OH

TBBroadband

Comcast is not responsible nor manages Limelight nor Akamai. Tell them to upgrade their peering points.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by TBBroadband:

Comcast is not responsible nor manages Limelight nor Akamai. Tell them to upgrade their peering points.

It's not my job to tell them to do that, nor would they listen to me if I did tell them. That's why I pay Comcast. Plus it's pretty much all CDNs, not just those two.

Qumahlin
Never Enough Time
MVM
join:2001-10-05
united state

Qumahlin

MVM

My speeds are sustained on almost all major CDN's so not sure what your issue is. The only one that doesn't max out is Netflix but thats because of Cogent. I also get some lag from the Amazon West LBs but thats about it.

Morac
Cat god
join:2001-08-30
Riverside, NJ

Morac

said by Qumahlin:

My speeds are sustained on almost all major CDN's so not sure what your issue is. The only one that doesn't max out is Netflix but thats because of Cogent. I also get some lag from the Amazon West LBs but thats about it.

Are you telling me you can get 50 Mbps (now 100 Mbps) on a single CDN connection?

I've never seen anything higher than the high 20's.