spc
Search similar:

uniqs
joel321
join:2013-04-13
USA

joel321

Electronics tutorial in a nutshell.

I stumbled on this tutorial. It explains everything, in my opinion, in a very simplistic manner. As an example my 'grob basic electronics seven edition' has 930 pages..(which most of it is confusing). This tutorial is like 94 pages and I learned a lot really quick.

Just sharing for those that may want to understand electronics a little better.

»www.free-energy-info.tuk ··· er12.pdf

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

Well, I found it a little *too* simplistic.
quote:
Voltage is the key to understanding electronics. Without voltage, nothing happens in electronics. What is it? Nobody knows. We know how to generate it. We know what it does. We know how to measure it, but nobody knows what it actually is.
Ughh....

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

yeah that is lowering the bar. I went to school ~43 years ago and I swear they explained it.

It's the difference between dark energy and light energy, if I remember correctly

garys_2k
Premium Member
join:2004-05-07
Farmington, MI

1 recommendation

garys_2k to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
Too many volts and it pries open the lid holding in the magic smoke. Can't imagine how it does that.
nonymous (banned)
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

nonymous (banned) to joel321

to joel321
The smoke moves from negative to positive. But what creates the wind? Plus if the wire isnt insulated what keeps in the wind?

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

1 recommendation

Thane_Bitter to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
From your PDF "EXPANDED INSTRUCTIONS FOR EXPERIMENTAL /
THEORETICAL HIV BLOOD NEUTRALIZATION"?

Really?

If you are interested in Electronics (not spaced out quackery of the third tinfoil hat kind) try reading your way through the US Navy Navy Electricity and Electronics Training Series: »maritime.org/doc/index.htm#neets

It's science without the bullshit.
joel321
USA

joel321

Wow, thank you very much. There is a lot of information there. But lets be open minded because we are still learning every day.

I just don't believe that everyone has figured everything out already...there are a lot of things to learn and understand still.

Regarding “free energy” There are many examples:

1-the sun rays are free. (plants get their free food and animals get their free vitamin D and I'm sure a lot of other things)
2-magnetic fields are free. (this earth has a magnetic field that protects it from the suns harmful rays, for free).
3-lightnings are free. Can you imagine if someone invented a tool to capture a lightnings energy? So far, all of them just want to ground them.
4-air energy. In fact, sound travels through air and air allow us to fly planes....for free...how can compressors compress air in a tank air if it was not free?

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

2 recommendations

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by joel321:

Wow, thank you very much. There is a lot of information there. But lets be open minded because we are still learning every day.

If you are interested in learning basic electronics, forget the open mindedness and learn what is really happening. Particularly, if it's for a career.

Save the fringe stuff until you know the basics. At that point, you may not believe the fringe stuff.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium Member
join:2005-01-20

Thane_Bitter to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
The short answer to all four of your postulations is that nothing is free, all of them demonstrate quite handily the conservation of energy.

If you wish for a longer explanation I can provide it which details the loses of energy/matter along the way. But here are some clues:
The sun fuses hydrogen into helium, the sun as a finite amount of hydrogen.
Earth has a liquid core that rotates, it is cooling and there is also this annoying thing called friction.
The sun is mostly the cause, earth's rotation plays a roll. Earth's weather is pathetically tame compared with that of the other planets.
A plane's lift is caused by a pressure differential, you need some sort of propulsion to make that happen. Try pumping up a car tire with a tiny little bicycle hand pump, do you feel more or less energised after you are done?
Thane_Bitter

Thane_Bitter to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
The short answer to all four of your postulations is that nothing is free, all of them demonstrate quite handily the conservation of energy.

If you wish for a longer explanation I can provide it which details the loses of energy/matter along the way. But here are some clues:
The sun fuses hydrogen into helium, the sun as a finite amount of hydrogen.
Earth has a liquid core that rotates, it is cooling and there is also this annoying thing called friction.
The sun is mostly the cause, earth's rotation plays a roll. Earth's weather is pathetically tame compared with that of the other planets.
A plane's lift is caused by a pressure differential, you need some sort of propulsion to make that happen. Try pumping up a car tire with a tiny little bicycle hand pump, do you feel more or less energised after you are done?
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
join:2005-06-16
Ottawa, ON

lutful to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
said by joel321:

1-the sun rays are free. (plants get their free food and animals get their free vitamin D and I'm sure a lot of other things)
2-magnetic fields are free. (this earth has a magnetic field that protects it from the suns harmful rays, for free).
3-lightnings are free. Can you imagine if someone invented a tool to capture a lightnings energy? So far, all of them just want to ground them.
4-air energy. In fact, sound travels through air and air allow us to fly planes....for free...how can compressors compress air in a tank air if it was not free?

I will address points 1 and 4 first as they are already in wide use all over the world.

1. The very best residential panels produce 250W per square meter in the Nevada desert.

The maximum would be 1000W per square meter if you developed 100% efficient cells. Satellite usage solar cells are around 40% and cost 100X more.

4. The very best residential turbines generate 2000W at 20mph steady winds with 12ft diameter blades and 100ft tall tower located far away from your home and any trees.

*** Now I will explain limitations of 2 and 3:

2. Earth's magnetic field is really weak - between 30 to 60 microTesla at various locations. You can't even power a pocket calculator from that field.

A coin sized rare-earth magnet is million times stronger. Try moving it near a coil and see if you can light up a 1W class LED. Post photos if you succeed.

3. Lightning does not strike regularly where you want and does not have as much energy as you think.

Watch "Back to the Future" again. Doc Brown knew exactly when lightning will strike the clock. How many joules could Doc Brown captured in the flux capacitor? At most 5 gigajoules. If the Delorean needed 50 kilowatt average power, that was good for 100,000 seconds or 27 hours.

If he tried to power Hill Valley, one strike will not be enough for even one night!

Search my old posts using Rocket and Lightning keywords if you want to coax a lightning strike on your "generator" but you will need a passing thunderstorm right at that location.

FYI the "generator" is as simple as a coil of many turns on a ceramic insulator tube through which you pass the grounding rod. You can use a bunch of HV capacitors for storing the captured Joules.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to joel321

to joel321
said by joel321:

But PV panels are not free. However, aside from that this one can be considered a free energy.

You need a moving or variable magnetic field to generate electricity -- you can't do that with a stationary field.

I can think of several good reasons why lightning is normally not utilized as a source of electricity.

4-air energy. In fact, sound travels through air and air allow us to fly planes....for free...

Yeah right, that's why the Boeing 777 has a fuel tank of nearly 50,000 (!!) gallons. Not sure what airlines pay for fuel, but assuming just $2/gallon, it would cost nearly $100k to fully fuel that plane.

how can compressors compress air in a tank air if it was not free?

Using electricity, perchance?
joel321
USA

1 edit

joel321

quote:
If you are interested in learning basic electronics, forget the open mindedness and learn what is really happening. Particularly, if it's for a career.

Save the fringe stuff until you know the basics. At that point, you may not believe the fringe stuff.
My open mind has it's limits though but I like to thank my open mind allowing me to learn some things that my close mind would just shrug off and ignore

My interest for electronics is mostly for hobby reasons. And it kind of makes my life a little easier both at home and work.

A simple example is that I saved like 3500 dollars doing my own car repair. Of course, it required different skills too but understanding electronics was part of it too.

Now I want to get a little deeper in the electronics section.
quote:
I was watching a video today about how this universe is all run by electricity. From what I gathered, gravitational pull is electricity. The birth is starts is caused by lighting in outer space...that all of that electricity comes down to even the momentum of an atom. How the protons circulate around them for FREE..protons spin freely by gathering energy from the air I suppose I could put it that way because it has no wires attached to it.

I stumbled upon that video that was uploaded yesterday and I will follow his other videos just out of curiosity. He brings up interesting things.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· waPRmamY
quote:
I will address points 1 and 4 first as they are already in wide use all over the world.

1. The very best residential panels produce 250W per square meter in the Nevada desert.

The maximum would be 1000W per square meter if you developed 100% efficient cells. Satellite usage solar cells are around 40% and cost 100X more.
Thanks for that info. The technology is still growing and growing...I'm sure I read somewhere that there have been new developments regarding solar cells. But you can't deny that it is free electricity from the sun/light.

I'm not that familiar about how many watts a typical home uses but by reading this I can get quite and idea I guess...»home.howstuffworks.com/g ··· n418.htm and of their prices here
»www.solar-electric.com/
quote:
4. The very best residential turbines generate 2000W at 20mph steady winds with 12ft diameter blades and 100ft tall tower located far away from your home and any trees.
Regarding this guy it seems like there is some dark waters regarding the electric motors. But aside from his political views, he has made pretty efficient motors.

»ufopolitics.com/

From my basic understandg regarding motors and generators, they are both the same thing. Magnetism repulsion and attraction.

»www.free-energy-info.com ··· tkin.htm

Now if I put everything together and decide one day to install a solar electric system, move to a location that I can build my own dam and use my fine tune generator...to run it....then I further make a couple of of wind turbines coupled with modified motors...i'm off the grid with FREE energy ....oh another thing that I remember is how insulating the house like a refrigerator would use my free energy better...further more with engines like this to run generators »geetinternational.com/GE ··· 1%5D.pdf (google geet engine) and the recent announcements from the navy that they can fly a plane with sea water...
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

lutful

Premium Member

said by joel321:

quote:
Regarding this guy it seems like there is some dark waters regarding the electric motors. But aside from his political views, he has made pretty efficient motors.

FYI the kinetic energy of wind is fixed by its speed and temp. How much of it can be captured is determined by very complex physics equations. Even if you could design a a 100% efficient permananet magnet generator, you can't get more than about 3000W from 12ft dia turbine at 20mph.

P.S. I am getting Deja Vu of the BLDC thread.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka

MVM

There is a movie on all this:

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· NINZ_Q78

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

1 recommendation

SparkChaser

Premium Member

Scully used to charge my batteries.

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason to joel321

to joel321
There *is* some useful, if basic info regarding electronics in the OPs PDF, but lets focus more on the science, and less on the fiction..
joel321
USA

1 edit

joel321

Hello jason, this always happens to me...I start out learning about something and then after a few hours I have so many browser tabs opened. Yes I am learning about the basic electronics and I am understanding about the astable multivibrator mentioned in that PDF file...since I'm a visual person too...the electric simulator helped a lot...now I can basically build one and play with it with the simulator...lowering or raising the capacitors capacitance...understanding that the more they can hold, the longer it takes...and everything makes sense when you put everything together...

And searching this information leads me to these stuff about “free energy” which is new to me and it makes sense...so it sort of like opened my eyes....was not expecting it...I just like I stumbled upon it based on my searching to understand electronics a little further...

Now I have read a lot based on these only youtube videos and internet sharing (with out it, I would still be in the dark). What they claim can be reproduced and tested easy...

like this video here...

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ti_7hw84

that motor has been replicated many times...it a nutshell it's both a motor and a generator...which I have never heard in my life before but you/i can duplicate it easy...you have to use common sense and engineering to make it useful but who is out there in this world to teach everyone that one can make such things and not have to pay a monthly bill...anyways...don't want to get in to that because it is taboo subject but it amazes me how this can be ignored and it is 100% proven..

now if we did this to brushless/induction motors...the end results look very interesting...i have been running an induction motor for about a month non stop and the thing it is still running and going...no brushled motor can do that with out brushless wearing out.

Anyways...lets find the fun in such things and understand them...it benefits everyone I believe
joel321

joel321 to lutful

to lutful
quote:
FYI the kinetic energy of wind is fixed by its speed and temp. How much of it can be captured is determined by very complex physics equations. Even if you could design a a 100% efficient permananet magnet generator, you can't get more than about 3000W from 12ft dia turbine at 20mph.
When you fail to ignore 100% proof is when I have to not take you seriously ...the answers are in front of you and you fail to understand.

We get electricity from dam generators. The energy (gravity) of the water is flowing freely...a ritch guy comes and taps into it to spin some generators...then the rich guy does not teach you how to bouild a free energy generator but only charges you for it for infinity...the people paying for electricity probably already paid in all of the years to build the Hoover dam but the rich peoples pockets keep getting fatter and fatter...which I don't really care to be honest...good for them...you just can't ignore the facts....

regarding..
quote:
Even if you could design a a 100% efficient permananet magnet generator, you can't get more than about 3000W from 12ft dia turbine at 20mph.
This will change in the future since i'm sure somone will come and invent a better wing turbine...which then your statements will become obsolete...this happens...which then you will say …

you can't get more than 30000W from a 12ft dia turbine at 20mph....technology is not static..:)

Snakeoil
Ignore Button. The coward's feature.
Premium Member
join:2000-08-05
united state

Snakeoil to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
One of the neat things I learned at my last electronics job was that a collapsing magnetic field can produce a decent amount of voltage.

»www.instructables.com/id ··· nverter/

The place I worked at used a similar charge circuit on their transmitter boards. By using this circuit they were able to keep their boards out in the field for 20+ years using just a battery to power them.
The battery is a Tadiran.

»www.tadiranbat.com/index ··· ications
quote:
Back in 1984, Aclara (formerly Hexagram) started using Tadiran batteries to power one of the earliest versions of a wireless AMR meter. They chose wisely, because thousands of those AMR units continued to operate for over 25 years on their original Tadiran batteries, with tests indicating that they still had plenty of available capacity.

The reason why I thought it was neat was it was something we skipped over [or I was out] when I was in college.
The cap could store enough voltage for a burst transmit and the charge cycle could be adjusted so the transmitter would broadcast as often as you wanted.

The reason why I thought this was cool was because I try to avoid working with RF stuff.

Cho Baka
MVM
join:2000-11-23
there

Cho Baka to joel321

MVM

to joel321
Energy, products and goods can be created from naught.

Santa Claus is a perfect example of this.
This cat has a pad at the North Pole, and he manages to supply the world with toys.

My proof? I have seen the videos that depict this production facility.

Compare this to somewhere like China, where they have to use a massive industrial base to create toys. What a joke on them! Too bad they don't have an open mind!

SparkChaser
Premium Member
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
said by joel321:

it a nutshell it's both a motor and a generator...which I have never heard in my life before but you/i can duplicate it easy...you have to use common sense and engineering to make it useful but who is out there in this world to teach everyone that one can make such things and not have to pay a monthly bill...anyways...don't want to get in to that because it is taboo subject but it amazes me how this can be ignored and it is 100% proven..

I wish there was some explanation as to what he was proving with the video. Some words rather than music would have been helpful. One of the comments on YouTube zeroed in on the problem. Where's the load on the output.

FYI
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo ··· enerator
lutful
... of ideas
Premium Member
Ottawa, ON

2 recommendations

lutful to joel321

Premium Member

to joel321
said by joel321:

quote:
Even if you could design a a 100% efficient permananet magnet generator, you can't get more than about 3000W from 12ft dia turbine at 20mph.
This will change in the future since i'm sure somone will come and invent a better wing turbine...which then your statements will become obsolete...this happens

Your comment gives a rare insight about FREE ENERGY fanatics.

FYI the maximum kinetic energy of wind is FIXED by a fundamental law of physics - the equations are available at many educational sites.

Perhaps you can calculate it for 12ft diameter area, 20mph steady wind and 32F temp. If you can design a 100% efficient turbine, you can get only that much energy. No more!

You can check out the maximum efficiencies of turbines - they are all below 65%. You just have to accept that it is IMPOSSIBLE to tap all the wind energy available to a turbine. The laws of physics which limit the efficiency is quite complex.

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH
·Consolidated Com..
·Republic Wireless
·Hollis Hosting

tschmidt to joel321

MVM

to joel321
said by joel321:

it a nutshell it's both a motor and a generator...which I have never heard in my life before but you/i can duplicate it easy

They are called dynamotors and were quite common during WWII as a way to change low voltage DC to high voltage needed by the electronics.
»en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mo ··· enerator

They are actually quite inefficient since you have to account for losses of both the motor and generator. That was the only technology available back then to do high power. For low power, car radios in the 50s are a great example, a vibrator was commonly used to step up the low voltage DC.

Since you are so enthusiastic about perpetual motion machines are you interested in building one to see how it works, or research a little more as to why they are impossible. This is not a matter of efficiency, as lutful See Profile pointed out you can never recover 100% of the input energy. But even if you could that would only be enough to run the machine, not create a surplus to power external devices.

Except for the bizarre physics of the big bang and the energy of vacuum the law of conservation of energy prevails.

/tom

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason to joel321

to joel321
Okay.. Enough.

-Jason
System

to joel321

Anon