spc
uniqs
xtachx
join:2005-11-19
canada

1 edit

xtachx to Alkajak

to Alkajak

Re: Any decent packages that aren't on the site?

Got a phone call from shaw. I can keep the 100Mbps and they will add TV+Phone and the promo is I pay $5 a month for 6 months for all 3 in combo + the HDPVR box +best of HD. It was $94.95 or something. Then the rate goes back up to $170 something, but the guy said he can work out something after 6 months again.

I wonder why they are willing to offer this.

I said no, and I will call back if I am interested. I am not interested to go for traditional TV again, after I got my Google TV box.

Edit: it seems like its the same promo they offered others. I wont switch to Telus since they cant match that 100Mbps. Nothing is making me change my phone service unless they can match the rates for voip.ms (and no - dont complain of quality - the quality is stellar!! + the amount of features they give me is amazing - no nickel and diming for things like call forwards or voicemail --> email etc.)

The TV is.. well the problem isnt their package - the problem is that there is nothing to watch!!
20424689 (banned)
join:2014-04-08

20424689 (banned)

xtachx thats the exact promo i got, but when they called me they told me it was free so i made them give me a $30 credit to make up for the $5 extra/m. then after i got it all installed i asked was i suppose to get a free phone cause i didnt? then they said ya u were so we will credit you another $30.

another thing. if you sign up for the deal, make sure u get them to install it after your new month starts (my montly plan starts on the 9th) i had it installed on the 15th of november and because my monthly plan starts on the 9th my 6 months didnt start till december 9. ends june 9. and it does not look like i will be keeping shaw tv any longer then this. i will consider keeping the home phone if they can do it for 15/m

kevinds
Premium Member
join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

1 edit

kevinds to xtachx

Premium Member

to xtachx
Looking at Teksavvy... Whomever can get me 10 upload first...

2x25/5 is getting closer (then upgrade to 2x50/10 when they get that figured out)
20424689 (banned)
join:2014-04-08

20424689 (banned)

ya or if shaw would bump there damn 100/10 out or 250/15 then you could get 2X100/10 or 2X250/15

then again for 2X250/15 to actually give you full speed on downstream would require 16 channels on node or DOCSIS 3.1

both of which shaw will probably eventually use in the future

but of course if you did need 2X250/15 it would probably only be for the upload

personally im crossing my fingers for shaw to rollout 12 bonded channels everywhere along with modems to support it and start offering 250 to everyone. hopefully at the same time they do appropriate node splits to avoid peak hour congestion.

hoping this doesnt take more then 2 years. praying 12 channel modems become available in the next 12 months