spc
Search similar:

uniqs

UnAnonymous
@rogers.com

UnAnonymous

Anon

[Internet] Rogers IP (Need change)

Dont want to be a smartass and say im getting "hacked".

But the jist of my issue is that, there is this no life kid who keeps on DoSing me with his cheap 2 dollar booter, and of course, rogers being the best carrier... i dont even get the slightest of protection against it.

And my ip has been the same since around, 2012

I am using the same router, i see no reason to "change or replace" the router, and i think its absolutely ridicolous to have to change carriers because of such a small but annoying issue.

I Use the CGN2-ROG Modem, the amazing router that rogers started giving out from 2012.
and its made by a company i havnt even heard of, that probably do NOT know what they are doing, and probably suck at making routers, and that is why my router dosnt have a mac Cloning option.

i dont want to get answers like "Shut off your modem for 10 hours" or "Go to cmd, and release and renew your ip" because those dont work.

I am starting to believe rogers uses static ip's and so far there has been nothing to prove me wrong.

How ever, i have heard of some people using mac clonign to successfully change the last 2 digits of their ip. But i dont know how, so i wanted to ask for the most feasable way i can deter this issue, and hopefully retrieve my internet connection.

Thank you

DavePC
join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON
Sagemcom F@st 5689
Technicolor CGM4331
Obihai OBi200

DavePC

Hey,

Can verify MAC cloning does change last two digits of IP, for me anyway (on a TPIA).

An option for you would be to purchase an router (do you have an budget? the wireless on the Hitron sucks anyway, and as you said they suck at making routers- which honestly most gateways do suck)
, and then using your Hitron Gateway in bridge mode, allowing the Hitron to work as an MODEM only, and then connecting it to an router and then cloning the MAC from your router and changing the IP.

UnAnonymous
@rogers.com

UnAnonymous

Anon

said by DavePC:

Hey,

Can verify MAC cloning does change last two digits of IP, for me anyway (on a TPIA).

An option for you would be to purchase an router (do you have an budget? the wireless on the Hitron sucks anyway, and as you said they suck at making routers- which honestly most gateways do suck)
, and then using your Hitron Gateway in bridge mode, allowing the Hitron to work as an MODEM only, and then connecting it to an router and then cloning the MAC from your router and changing the IP.

Thanks for the help buddy.

I do have a router, and i believe i did try to hook it up with my modem, but i believe i encourtered a problem, and i wasnt able to use the mac clone function on it, maybe it was because i didnt turn bridge mode, ill make sure to try that though, ANY other way to change my mac address?

ALSO, what does TPIA mean?

DavePC
join:2013-08-18
Scarborough, ON
Sagemcom F@st 5689
Technicolor CGM4331
Obihai OBi200

DavePC

Third Party Internet Access, Im with Start, it still uses the rogers network, but I get a stand alone modem and Start handles everything after the POI, so basically Start controls routing and capacity to Rogers, rogers handles the actual network (hardware up to 151 Front to be exact) so the actual installation, the actual coax, etc.

But yeah, use bridge mode and try that.

nekkidtruth
YISMM
Premium Member
join:2002-05-20
London, ON
Netgear R7000
Asus RT-N66
Hitron CODA-4582

nekkidtruth to UnAnonymous

Premium Member

to UnAnonymous
Totally random out-to-left-field suggestion (not really, I'm being sarcastic) here but, have you tried powering it all down, connecting directly to one of your devices (not the router)? 90% of the time this will force an IP change. I've successfully forced an IP change 4 out of 4 times by simply power cycling the modem while connecting it to either my laptop or a different computer. Then just do it again with the router reconnected.
wayner92
join:2006-01-17
Toronto, ON

wayner92 to UnAnonymous

to UnAnonymous
I have also had my external IP change when I go from bridge mode to gateway mode since it is a different MAC connecting to Rogers.

UnAnonymous
@rogers.com

UnAnonymous

Anon

said by wayner92:

I have also had my external IP change when I go from bridge mode to gateway mode since it is a different MAC connecting to Rogers.

THIS MAN DESERVES A GODDAMN ADMIN ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, i went from 99.225.231.xxx

To 99.226.248.xx

Again, i love you!!!!
Problem solved.
/Request close
technocar2
join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON

technocar2

said by UnAnonymous :

THIS MAN DESERVES A GODDAMN ADMIN ON THIS FORUM!!!!!!!
THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH, i went from 99.225.231.xxx

To 99.226.248.xx

Again, i love you!!!!
Problem solved.
/Request close

Had you done a search on this site with the following string "rogers change IP" you would have found this thread: »Re: I need my Rogers IP changed.

Or better yet had you bothered to look at the Rogers FAQ you would have found this.
»Rogers HiSpeed FAQ »How can I change my IP address?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to UnAnonymous

Mod

to UnAnonymous
Admin here is a whole different thing to many forums.

»Site FAQ »How can I become a moderator?